Jeep Contest

[Any hope of opening the competition up to the rest of the planet??

I'm sure the don't just sell Jeeps in the US.]

As always, get excited about a new contest, check the fine print <_<

So much for a world wide sport, and PRODUCT....EH

Some day....... A contest open to everyone, except the mighty USA... :ph34r:

To our southern neighbours, As a good Canuck I apologize for the rant......

..............GO Flames GO...........

I think every one that owns a jeep should get a couple to give out. That could only be about 1000 of us right. 

I'll second that. '90 Cherokee Laredo. 199,500 miles. I sold it and it broke my heart. Mrs. Okie said it was either the Jeep or the MG. sigh.

By the way I own a 1953 Willys jeep.  Its my cache mobil unfortunatly its orange not yellow.

Do the doors fall off your Willy's when you hit a bump? Ours did. It was a '48 but it had a lot of "after market" add-ons that were usually added on with a MIG welder.

-E

Edited by TresOkies++
We haven't worked out the distribution details, but for good reason we'd love to see the seasoned cachers get the bugs. That would ensure they make it to caches and not the person's sock drawer.

Once we get close to the 24th when we should receive the die cast Jeeps, I'll announce how people can get them started.

Are the yellow Jeep TBs going to be distributed in every state? Send some the Missouri way, please!

Finally some recognition for those of us that know what real Geocachers drive and those that understand the sticker in both of my Jeep's back Window:

"It's a Jeep thing......You Wouldn't Understand...." :mad:

Looking forward to my new Wrangler!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

For distribution in Arkansas or Oklahoma contact tristate@arkansascars.net . We are in the process of setting up the webpage for the Tristate area of Arkansas, Oklahoma, & Missouri. We would love to help move them around the states. I travel alot so I could get them wherever they need to go just tell me where you want them and I'll deliver them to caches in that area. :mad: As my stats show in 3 months I've travled almost 6300 miles with my travel bug.

I was about to go to the site an put another entry in the sweepstakes. But alas, a big shiny jeep cherokee arrived in my driveway with a big shiny bow. And my dad say's it's mine (well, his really but, it's also mine) and he even has pink slips to prove it, oh my...

Hmm. Sounds like a neat GeoSouvenir. I wonder how long it will take to have 4000 Jeep TB's go MIA?

June 1st: 4000 Jeep TB's released

June 5th: 4000 "Looked for jeep TB but it looks like it's already been picked up, though no one has logged it yet" logs. :mad:

Hmm. Sounds like a neat GeoSouvenir. I wonder how long it will take to have 4000 Jeep TB's go MIA?

The promotion is timed to coincide with the East Coast 17-year cicade flare-up, and the hope is the same:

Bring them on by the thousands, & some will survive despite the odds.

But what is this TB prize Jeremy mentioned? Is it gonna be awarded to those who place the YJTBs where the jeep doesn't ... er... shine ?

Well, just Utah.

:mad: tell this to Jeep, to avoid Moab. Altho' yes, you can get me into trouble with our association this way, especially with its Presidential candidate the JeeperDad ... but I am not sure it is worth it.

Now that I see that I ain't gonna score anything in the contest ... my camera's broke, and so is my English ... I ain't even sure if I'll play at all. But SUWA might join, huh? :mad:

added on EDIT: Utah is a state not like your other wimpy lowly 47, and among other weird things, we have some interesting history of getting popular toys "wrapped in tortillas and covered in salsa in a casserole dish in a lit oven" - and then winning lawsuits against enraged corporate America.

Edited by MOCKBA
I think every one that owns a jeep should get a couple to give out. That could only be about 1000 of us right.

Here in Michigan, almost all of us own Jeeps (the rest wish they did). Also, feel free to contact MiGO to let some TB's loose...

Limit 1 entry per person/email address per day.

Can I get some clarification on this. I'm assuming that the person/email means that each person in your family has to have a specific email - but each person can only have 1 entry.

The main thing, however, I am concerned with is the "per day" - Is it ok for me to submit an entry every day?

I just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly (I know it seems very black and white) because I wouldn't want to be disqualified.

southdeltan

Limit 1 entry per person/email address per day.

Can I get some clarification on this.

I'm working on getting clarification for this, or at least clarify that point. You're supposed to be able to enter once a day, not be able to post once for each email you have per day.

My current Jeep is red, but I could sure find a home for a new yellow one :mad:

Also, while not "officially" with an organization, I do coordinate the acquisition of the Oregon Geocoins and am pretty sure I would have no problem distributing some of those little yellow guys around the Portland area. Would be GREAT to have some for distribution at our annual take over of Champoeg State Park the first weekend of June. There will be about 150 or so of us there and we could sure use some cool prizes for the events/contests that are being planned.

Edited by bazzle

To whom it may concern,

I would be happy to place YJTBs throughout caches in upstate New York. I love the idea of the event, and would really like to be a part of it. I can easily/happily place 10-20 YJTBs, and would even be glad to paypal you the postage (as I would think that postage for all of the YJTBs would add up quickly). On the other hand, I'm just as happy to simply be involved in the search.

NFA

We haven't worked out the distribution details, but for good reason we'd love to see the seasoned cachers get the bugs. That would ensure they make it to caches and not the person's sock drawer.

Once we get close to the 24th when we should receive the die cast Jeeps, I'll announce how people can get them started.

Jeremy I’m not sure what the definition of a seasoned cacher is, but I’m a cacher named after a season does that count? :ph34r:

Pepper

Edited by Team SuperGenius

I'd really like to see these logged as a special Jeep TB instead of a regular TB (with a special icon in my profile like the A.P.E. Project caches had) Just another way to make things competetive among cachers yet fun. :ph34r:

I'd really like to see these logged as a special Jeep TB instead of a regular TB (with a special icon in my profile like the A.P.E. Project caches had) Just another way to make things competetive among cachers yet fun. :ph34r:

GREAT IDEA!

Pepper

I would also like to see a little yellow jeep icon specifically for the jeep travel bugs. That would make them easy to find out where they are supposed to be at and then also have the people really getting out and searching for the jeeps. Although a special icon might cause Yellow Jeep swap events! LOL

So will the travel bugs be called Yellow Jeep #1, Yellow Jeep #2, . . .etc?

Note to self. Avoid the region of  ...Idaho.

:o I meant no personal intent to keep one.

I was trying to convey my worry about the collective disappointment of legitmate, honest cachers unable to find one because they have been hoarded by knuckleheads thinking it would be fun to keep them as souvenirs. :ph34r:

By all means, bring 'em to Idaho. There is a wonderful organized group here in Idaho.

I'd really like to see these logged as a special Jeep TB instead of a regular TB (with a special icon in my profile like the A.P.E. Project caches had)  Just another way to make things competetive among cachers yet fun.  :ph34r:

GREAT IDEA!

Pepper

Ditto

I was trying to convey my worry about the collective disappointment of legitmate, honest cachers unable to find one because they have been hoarded by knuckleheads thinking it would be fun to keep them as souvenirs. :ph34r:

I'm hoping that most knuckleheads won't exert enough energy to catch one, but we have a bunch in reserve if they get too popular.

Floating around various state group forums - I've found a few questions people had, so I thought I'd ask on behalf of them with a question of my own thrown in:

1. Is it ok to customise the travelbugs you find?

2. Will the person who releases it be the owner?

3. If not, will the first person to find it be the owner?

4. (My question) - Will the TB's even have owners?

--

Oh yea - find out anything about duplicate entries? (IE, submitting an entry every day of the contest - is that actually ok?).

southdeltan

I can't speak directly for the sweepstakes. That is handled by a sweepstakes company (so the winner isn't chosen by us). I have a feeling they'll strip duplicates through their picking process. It won't help but I doubt it would hurt, unless there was abuse (using an automated program, for example). But doing it to increase your chances won't benefit you.

By customizing you mean adding better shocks, etc? :ph34r: I don't have a real response to that other than I bet they'd think it was cool if the idea was cool. But that's pure speculation. I'll ask at the next meeting.

Throughout the promotion every Jeep will be owned by one Jeep account (thus, by Jeep). Once the promotion is over, I'm not sure what they'll do with them. I did ask that people could adopt the bugs once we're past the New Year.

Well since it appears 'seasoned cachers' will have better chances, I am disappointed. I guess I just have to wish my family and I had heard of this before October 2003.

Then again, does seasoned mean a number of caches or time caching?

We love the sport and even bought our first Wrangler just under two months ago..

I pray to find a yellow jeep and get it moving to a real nice place..

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ed-572b3af660aa and http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...f0-9b6395c2414a come to mind.. This road was our first real 4x4 drive with the jeep.

I am just going to have to hold my breath and see what Jeremy comes up with I guess.