!!!! Beware Of W.a.g. !!!!

Wives Against Geocaching better know as W.A.G.!!

Beware of this growing organization!!!! Membership went from 1 to 2 tonight as I introduced a friend to the sport and he found his first find. MY WIFE IS NOT ALONE ANYMORE! Something most be done to stop this evil draped in the sheepskin of a women’s social group call W.A.G.

From what we have found out so far, from our top agents, is that they plan the discontinuation of all monetary purchases relating to Geocaching including used ammo cans, packs of batteries, dollar store toys and trinkets, GPSrs, Tupperware not for kitchen use, fake garden rocks, zip lock bags, shrinky dinks, and much more.

You can usually spot members of this organization by there constant use of the word(s) Geek and Nerd.

Any information about W.A.G. or potential new members should be posted immediately!!!

WARNING - They are everywhere......they are probably reading this post right now....can you hear them say it...."The Geek even posted something on the Geek Board!"

RISE UP MEN!

The secret is to marry a geek.

We're both geeks. We use words like "meniscus" in everyday conversation. We go to the world science fiction convention together. We met online in the pre-internet days on a local BBS.

Geek love is strong. There's nothing like loving someone for their brain and knowing you're loved for your brain.

Today we went geocaching. My wife suggested it and we picked out the place together. I drove. She entered the co-ordinates into the GPS on the way.

Nothing beats geek love. Not scissors. Not paper. Not even rock.

We're both geeks. We use words like "meniscus" in everyday conversation. We go to the world science fiction convention together. We met online in the pre-internet days on a local BBS.

Geek love is strong. There's nothing like loving someone for their brain and knowing you're loved for your brain.

Ditto that. I met my wife to be in the computer lab. Back when there was just *ONE* computer lab on campus and it was filled with things that glowed blue with names like VT100 and LA120. Mrs. Okie isn't as nuts as I am, but she did make me drive 5 miles out of the way this afternoon so she could find one that had bested her last week.

Perhaps you and your buddy should join your wives in one of their activities and maybe they might be less likely to hate geocaching. Scrapbooking anyone? :D :D

Edited by TresOkies++
Perhaps you and your buddy should join your wives in one of their activities and maybe they might be less likely to hate geocaching. Scrapbooking anyone? 

Scrapbooking works great in my parts also. We have several separate hobby's. I buy ammo cans and gpsr's, she buys die cuts and albums. I buy batteries and swag, she buys stickers, and 12x12 paper. 2 weekends ago, she went to a scrapbooking retreat, and I saw more woods than carpet. She goes to "crops", I go caching.

Only drawback, every time I go to an outdoors store, I also have to go to a craft store. Small price to pay for a wife that lets me cache whenever I want, unless she says otherwise. dadgum family commitments :D

Perhaps you and your buddy should join your wives in one of their activities and maybe they might be less likely to hate geocaching. Scrapbooking anyone? 

Scrapbooking works great in my parts also. We have several separate hobby's. I buy ammo cans and gpsr's, she buys die cuts and albums. I buy batteries and swag, she buys stickers, and 12x12 paper. 2 weekends ago, she went to a scrapbooking retreat, and I saw more woods than carpet. She goes to "crops", I go caching.

Only drawback, every time I go to an outdoors store, I also have to go to a craft store. Small price to pay for a wife that lets me cache whenever I want, unless she says otherwise. dadgum family commitments :D

She and my friends wife are both into Scrapbooking big time.......helps a little.

Did that, but it's not necessarily the solution.

My wife is much more geekier than I, and has no problem with geekdom, but with the outdoors. Yikes! She'll acknowledge the existence of our garden, but beyond that is where the creepy wide world starts, places where only crazy people like me will go.

B)

Opposites attract B)

With relevance to first Posting. How about these;-

D A G's Dogs against Geocaching (all those long walkies)

H A G's Husbands against Geocaching (jealosy)

F A G's Family against Geocaching (Boring day's out)

B A G's Bosses against Geocaching (using work PC for logging)

B A G's Boyfriend's against Geocaching (No time for fun)

G A G's Girlfriend's against Geoocaching ( As Boyfriends)

M A G's Mothers against Geocaching ( I worry about you out there on your own)

N A G's Not another Geocacher Syndrome

I AM SURE THERE MUST BE MORE.

Only drawback, every time I go to an outdoors store, I also have to go to a craft store. Small price to pay for a wife that lets me cache whenever I want, unless she says otherwise. dadgum family commitments B)

my wife is an avid knitter. and i'm lucky enough that if i don't disappear for a day each weekend, she wonders what's wrong with me? B)

My wife found out about geocaching before I knew what it was. She bought the GPSr. She registered with the website (see my funny name?). She located the first cache. So far so good, right?

The problem lies in frequency. When she did all this I believe she had in mind a frequency of about monthly, possibly bi-monthly, and then only for a couple of hours, probably hunting for one or two at a time. Plus, it's difficult to get her to come out into the woods between May and October. Too many bugs.

So here I am trying not to go caching, in order to keep the peace. It's difficult when there is a totally virgin cache, as of last time I checked, about 45 minutes from here, and I like to play the FTF game. Maybe I'll take the boy out this afternoon if no one's logged yet. Hmmm. . .

I'm not even sure how to add to this thread. None of the previous threads really apply to our situation. My wife isn't really against my geocaching; she's just against how much geocaching I want to do. B)

She's also an enabler-she bought me my 60c for my birthday "honey you never buy anything nice for yourself" B) .

Finally, she was cool with me taking off with Team CHB for 5 days to Nashville! :(

I just had to work for 10 day straight before and after. :D

PS neither of us is geeky at all. In fact I'm very lotech-I earn my keep with sharp knives and fire. B)

<walter mitty> I just sat my wife down and explained that this was the way it was going to be. She better get use to it. Now how about running out to the kitchen and fixing me a sandwich? Oh, and bring a beer back with that.</walter mitty> :(B):D

I gained some ground this weekend, she went for a pedicure. $45. Thats a couple of ammo cans and a bag of dollar store stuff I can justify. B)

I gained some ground this weekend, she went for a pedicure. $45. Thats a couple of ammo cans and a bag of dollar store stuff I can justify. B)

Man, she's justifying the $150+ that you paid for your GPSr. No matter what we do we'll always still be behind, or ahead in their eyes.

Someone posting as Nick T, 'cause he wouldn't ever say that.

I gained some ground this weekend, she went for a pedicure. $45. Thats a couple of ammo cans and a bag of dollar store stuff I can justify.  B)

Man, she's justifying the $150+ that you paid for your GPSr. No matter what we do we'll always still be behind, or ahead in their eyes.

Someone posting as Nick T, 'cause he wouldn't ever say that.

Oh yeah. B)

I doubt my wife would ever join WAGS. Heres a typical saturday morning chat between us.

Me. Hon...I think I'll go caching today.

Wife. Are you taking the kids again?

Me. You betcha, they're getting ready now.

Wife. In that case, I think I'll get back in bed

Me. Smooch

Wife. Smooch

Married men die younger, why?

They want to. :D

i thought it was because their wives killed them? :ph34r:

Whats your point, thats what I said. <_<

i didn't say the men wanted to die, just that the wives killed them.

Okay so the point of the joke was married men are so miserable they want to die. They're miserable cause of thier wives, so their wives kill them.

Say goodnight Gracie

<Gracie> Goodnight</Gracie> :D

Married men die younger, why?

They want to. :D

i thought it was because their wives killed them? :ph34r:

Whats your point, thats what I said. <_<

i didn't say the men wanted to die, just that the wives killed them.

Okay so the point of the joke was married men are so miserable they want to die. They're miserable cause of thier wives, so their wives kill them.

Say goodnight Gracie

<Gracie> Goodnight</Gracie> :D

no, their wives kill them because they won't take them caching, or put the lid down on the toilet. B)

My wife would probably kill me because I won't go shopping with her. And she hates to shop, she just dosen't want to suffer alone. <_<

I leave the seat up on purpose when we have a fight. So there!

my first husband used to leave the lid up, until i accidently :ph34r: dropped his toothbrush in. the lid stayed down after that.

My wife would probably kill me because I won't go shopping with her. And she hates to shop, she just dosen't want to suffer alone. <_<

I leave the seat up on purpose when we have a fight. So there!

my first husband used to leave the lid up, until i accidently :D dropped his toothbrush in. the lid stayed down after that.

My son used to leave his tooth brush on the counter. One morning while he was brushing, I ask him to put it away after. "Yea its always in the way, yesterday I knocked it in the toilet."

Of course then I had to clean the mirror, but it was worth it. :ph34r:

Ladies, the lid has a hinge.  It isn't difficult to operate.  If it's up, put it down before you sit.

Its easier to operate than a GPS. :ph34r:

my present hubby doesn't know how to use our GPSr. <_< he does keep the lid down on the toilet.

Edited by uperdooper
Ladies, the lid has a hinge.  It isn't difficult to operate.  If it's up, put it down before you sit.

Its easier to operate than a GPS. :D

my present hubby doesn't know how to use our GPSr. <_<

And you expect him to operate a highly technical piece of equipment like a toilet seat! Forshame! :ph34r:

my present hubby doesn't know how to use our GPSr.  <_<  he does keep the lid down on the toilet.

Geez, do you make him sit down to pee too ? :ph34r:

i didn't get that lucky. he isn't exactly a wuss. he used to box when he was younger. picture gen. norman schwartzkoff with an attitude.

She and my friends wife are both into Scrapbooking big time.......helps a little.

I probed the phenomenon of geocachers married to scrapbookers a while back in this thread.

I also wrote this poem, for the husbands of WAGs:

I stop after work for a quickie

'Cause once a week isn't enough.

Sneaking out like this is tricky;

My clothing can foil my bluff.

While some get their collars lipstick-y,

I get mud on my shoes and my cuffs.

Actually I wouldn't say my wife is an outright WAG. She's just not into it like I am, and I have to run any day-long excursions by her. She comes along once in a while, and if I find her some stickers for scrapping, I'm golden.

Edited by Dinoprophet
I doubt my wife would ever join WAGS. Heres a typical saturday morning chat between us.

Me. Hon...I think I'll go caching today.

Wife. Are you taking the kids again?

Me. You betcha, they're getting ready now.

Wife. In that case, I think I'll get back in bed

Me. Smooch

Wife. Smooch

what time does your mail get delivered on saturdays? <_<

Ladies, the lid has a hinge. It isn't difficult to operate. If it's up, put it down before you sit.

It's just easier to blame someone else.

Darwin would have something to say about a group that repeatedly falls into a toilet.

<_<

no, their wives kill them because they won't take them caching, or put the lid down on the toilet.  :ph34r:

I solved the toilet lid problem at my house by getting into the habit of closing the lid (the insert with the large hole) and the cover (the solid lid with the fuzzy covering).

Now my wife sits on the fuzzy covering in the dark but she can't complain because I've put the toilet in its natural state. <_<

It's just easier to blame someone else.

Darwin would have something to say about a group that repeatedly falls into a toilet.

<_<

the only living thing in my house that has ever fallen in the toilet was my airhead dog that use to like to sit on the lid when i got ready for work. somone else had left the lid up. it also keeps it from being a huge water dish if you leave the lid down.