!!!! Beware Of W.a.g. !!!!

What a bunch of whiners! I bet most of you wouldn't be able to do half the caching you do if your wives weren't watching your kids and paying the bills. B)

I think I'm gonna start a Single Moms Geocaching group... We've got boots, backpacks, bandaids, we can get rid of spiders, and bribe a 5 year old into getting out of bed for a FTF- we don't need you guys for nothin'. Well, Ok, almost nuthin'. B)

Yup. Being a single mom has kept my numbers pretty low, but I still have some.

my first husband used to leave the lid up, until i accidently :lol: dropped his toothbrush in. the lid stayed down after that.

What is it with you women? We don't bitch at you every time we have to "lift" the seat up because you put it down again????? :rolleyes:

And to answer the main question, listen to a line from a radio talk show host from L.A. named Tom Leykis (http://www.blowmeuptom.com/) and, "...dump that B@#$*!" :lol:

Question: You know why divorces are so expensive?

Answer: They are worth it!

Wives Against Geocaching better know as W.A.G.!!

Beware of this growing organization!!!! Membership went from 1 to 2 tonight as I introduced a friend to the sport and he found his first find. MY WIFE IS NOT ALONE ANYMORE! Something most be done to stop this evil draped in the sheepskin of a women’s social group call W.A.G.

If our husbands wouldn't get OBSESSED with it, may be we wouldn't turn against it. I like to Geocache sometimes, but it's not how I plan my whole life like WCNUT does. He thinks work & vacations should be scheduled around Geocaching, instead of the other way around. This way of thinking is why sometimes :rolleyes: I wish he had never heard of it. :lol: Tater

...I like to Geocache sometimes, but it's not how I plan my whole life like WCNUT does. He thinks work & vacations should be scheduled around Geocaching, instead of the other way around.  This way of thinking is why sometimes  :lol: I wish he had never heard of it.  :)  Tater

Now Tater, be nice. You know we boys are thinking about you something like five times every minute! :lol: Geocaching is just our way of expanding horizons, therefore broadening our appreciation and participation in family life. :rolleyes:;)

My wife was happy when I discovered geocaching. I was an online gamer - DAOC - for 3.5 years. I gamed every day for anywhere from 2 hours to 16 hours. When I discovered geocaching I never gamed again. She likes to hike and we like to camp. When we go on vacations we do "some" caching. Usually a little more than she wants to do a a lot less than I want to do. It works out fine.

Mostly I cache without her but, on trips we do a few or when we go to an event cache we cache before or after or both. She's pretty darn good at finding the things. She just gives me "the look" and shakes her head when I bomb out the door at 10:30 PM on a moonless night in search of a FTF. I NEVER complain about being tired at work due to being up idiotically late the night before. She's even nice and is sympathetic rather than evil when I get poison oak from caching near the river on a dark and moonless night in search of yet another FTF.

She does go caching locally with me when there's a new cache up in the hills or way up in the park (3rd largest municipal park in the country) since it entails a nice hike.

My wife is definitely NOT one of the WAGS but I do think that she sometimes wishes I didn't talk about it quite so much. Oh, I put the seat and lid down. I don't like the cats to drink from the toilet. She leaves the seat down but I sometimes have to nag at HER about putting the lid down to keep the cats out.

After 35 years of marriage we have most of our issues worked out. ;)

How's this for reviving a really old thread?

What a bunch of whiners! I bet most of you wouldn't be able to do half the caching you do if your wives weren't watching your kids and paying the bills. :D

I think I'm gonna start a Single Moms Geocaching group... We've got boots, backpacks, bandaids, we can get rid of spiders, and bribe a 5 year old into getting out of bed for a FTF- we don't need you guys for nothin'. Well, Ok, almost nuthin'. :D

Yup. Being a single mom has kept my numbers pretty low, but I still have some.

Single moms? why not just a moms who cache group. I do it with 3 little ones too.

Just had to put in my two cents worth. I (wife) am addicted to caching. If life allowed, I'd cache every day. I would love to figure out how to get paid to cache. B) My husband loves to hike & be outdoors (as well as I do). But he (silly boy) would hike just to hike. What's with that??? But, he bought the first GPS, and upgraded me on my last birthday (and I also got a new GPS!!) :blink: He always tells me that I'm the addicted one... but he is diffinitely the enabler! :rolleyes: I'm the one which solves the puzzles (98%), plans the day, the caches, the routes, the swag. He drives & is excellent for on-site recon.

AND the reason you guys are supposed to put the lid down... is you put the lid on the mayo jar when done, yes?? You close the car door, and house door yes?? Then CLOSE THE TOILET when done!! I explained this one time to my husband - many years ago - it's never been left 'open' since. :D:D

Just had to put in my two cents worth. I (wife) am addicted to caching. If life allowed, I'd cache every day. I would love to figure out how to get paid to cache. :

My wife claims that she is cache neutral, doesn't love it or hate it, but last weekend I got a glimpse of her true feelings.

Last Sunday it was raining, so we were just going to look for easy car caches. We found two easy ones, and I said that there weren't any others really close and we should go home. "What? We're only doing two?" she asked. Well, we ended up doing a few more...to make her happy. :rolleyes:

As far as caching as a job, you could sell geocoins, t-shirts and things like that while living out of your car.

Or, win the lottery and fly from cache to cache. :blink:

Edited by Skippermark

I too am the wife and am lucky. I don't even have HAG. He loves that I go out on cache hunts because its helped me loose about a stone so far. Its exercise I can do at my own pace at my own time and something I enjoy. The kids love it because they get to get dirty and see the wilds. He likes it as well because I can get the kids out of his hair for a few hours or he can come with me and make it a family thing.

Then there's our roomie type person. He goes after the caches I am physically unable to get because my stupid broken toe doesn't want to heal.

Ahhhhhh. Quickly delete this thread before my wife sees it. At first my family enjoyed geocaching. It was neat at first. My kids like the happy meal junk that you could trade in a regular sized cache. But over time their outlook slowly changed. Now it is moans and groans if we go caching. So mostly now I just go by myself or drag the kids out hiking. They enjoy hiking once they get out there. My wife honestly enjoys the time alone. So I guess it is not so bad...... Now about that new GPSr that I want to get.

Here is a transcript of a late weekday evening last winter in our house...Time, 10:30 pm,outside temp, -10 degrees, weather forecast, snow mixed with ice. No unnecessary travel on local roads...

Me: Hey honey! New cache just came up!

Her: Where?

Me: Grand Island

Her: It's snowing.

Me: I know

Her: Think you can get it first?

Me: Gonna try.

Her: Love ya.

35 miles away, snow/ice covered roads, 4th to find...

God I love this woman.

Is it bad when your non-geocaching spouse who is happy to go with you and the kids on your hunts spies your newly acquired decon containter from ebay and steals it giggling about wanting to hide it himself?

Or that the nano that came with it is his newest most prized possession?

I fear for the cachers in my area. My husband's gotten the hiding bug.

We're planning to drive through Washington and down to Stanley Idaho next weekend for a week's fishing on the Salmon river. Looking at the route today, I realized that the take out for the trip was 100 miles north - far enough for the trip back to take us through Montana on the return drive.

I'd called my husband to tell him and he immediately asked if the Montana part would let us add another state to the cache collection and if I had already planned which ones we should go after.

Now I just need to figure out if I can stop fishing long enough to find a couple along the river.....

Bliss. :D

My girl (not quite wife yet) can't stand caching because of the bugs and general outdoor nature of it. No, it's not in malls yet. But if I mention that I found a new coin while caching, she goes nuts. "Oh, you found a coin, I want to find one. Why'd you have to find it. Hey, can I discover it?"

Hey!! I'm the wife and I drug my husband out for our first cache... I got him hooked. How about asking your wife if she wants to go with you? Take her out to dinner (anything to not cook) and do an easy cache - no bushwacking on this one, though. Hold her hand and take a nice stroll as you find an easy cache... you never know, you may find yourself a new caching partner. :laughing:

The secret is to marry a geek.

We're both geeks. We use words like "meniscus" in everyday conversation. We go to the world science fiction convention together. We met online in the pre-internet days on a local BBS.

Geek love is strong. There's nothing like loving someone for their brain and knowing you're loved for your brain.

Today we went geocaching. My wife suggested it and we picked out the place together. I drove. She entered the co-ordinates into the GPS on the way.

Nothing beats geek love. Not scissors. Not paper. Not even rock.

here here. my wife loves the nerd life of geocaching.

I was the one to drag dear hubby out geocaching. I had to make it a Mother's Day gift request from him and the kids to me! The kids (teens) still are not excited about it but dear hubby likes to join me now. I am still the most obsessed. I recommend that you find a couple of caches first before asking wifey to come along. Make sure it is an easy trail-no bushwacking or bugs and stock it with lots of little things that your wife would love to grab. These first few may sell her and she will be joining you to try to find that one cache with sweet stuff.

My wife comes with me all of the time. She hates bugs too. We remedy this by sitting in the car and see how many bugs land on the car. If there are too many bugs she waits in the car. If no bugs land then she comes with. However she always does one thing every time we have to go into any form of bushes she wears sandals/flip flops. I don't know what it is but I think it is funny and then she tels me that I had better stop laughing or she will make me carry her to the cache and back to the car.