Waypoints To A Meridian Platinum

powaybob

I am having trouble reading waypoints to my Meridiamn Platinum. I create teh .wpt file and save it to the SD card, but when I go to card utilities to load waypoints it says there is no file. The Meridian Map Sed software can read the file on my PC, but I can't get no satisfaction with the hand held.

I was successful in loading waypoints to the Garmin Rino 120 (great toy for couples, BTW).

ANy suggestions would be appreciated.

Powaybob

Poway Ca

It sounds as though you are loading the wrong file on the card.

Try this path from the 'programs' folder, Magellan -- Mapsend topo us -- export -- Maps.IMG file. NOT the maps folder.

Place the cursor over the "file" and see how large it is. Unless it is several MB you are on the wrong file. The correct one will be several MB in size, not KB in size.

good luck

John

The Magellan GPSr's cannot read the Mapsend format as saved by Mapsend. When it is uploaded to the GPSr, it is converted to the format the GPSr can read. There are programs available such as GPSBabel that can take the Mapsend format and convert it for uploading to the card reader.

In addition to the knowledgeable answers above, I will add this bit of help. Go to the Yahoo user groups for the meridians, sign up (it is free) then go to the “files” section and download the PDF file “MeridianFAQv2_0.pdf”. This file is full of information you will not find anywhere else, and the user group is very active and knowledgeable. If you get into a jam, you just send an e-mail to the group, and knowledgeable users will e-mail you back with specific answers.