Storybook Caches

This are not your traditional geocaches. Instead of logging into a log book, these caches involve a journal with an ongoing story, in which the cacher contributes to the story. When you find the cache, read through the story and add your version of what happens next.

Here is an example of one in my area: The Bold and the Beautiful in Westwood Hills

Do you have one in your area?

Edited by Huntnlady

There are three in OK that I am aware of: Once upon a time (I own this one), Once upon a time-travel bug bed and breakfast, and Mock Epic.

Also have set up a travel bug called Once upon a time....soon to be released.

Edited by jpenn01

I did one last year that was called...Writer's Cramp The cache kept getting dragged out by animals so I archived it after a while. The story was long enough and I put an ending to it. It was really interesting to see what other cachers wrote. Some wrote a few pages and some wrote one sentence.

Edited by Sox Fan

Since I am new at Geocaching I haven't yet placed one of my own. I would like to hear some more about caches with themes and how they have worked out. I am not aware of a "story" cache in my area but it sounds like a good idea. I've seen one cache with a dogtag theme (human and animal), a patriotic theme, and a self-made art project them (pottery, jewelry, drawings, etc). This is probably a topic in itself.

I assume these are not placed near mosquito farms...

This is hilareous; and it brings up an important point about placing caches like these. Caches of this nature should be well thought out and hidden in a very comfortable place that invites the visitors to relax and give thought to writing.

The one Huntnlady describes at the opening of this topic is near a park bench with a view in a public park. Library caches might be suitable as well. :D:(

THis thread prompted me to place this one, Tandem Tale: The Neverending Cache but few people who visit write the tale. They just log the find like any other cache. I'm sorta bummed about that, but still, it's a nice place to hike.

My sister and I have exchanged tandem tales my email over the years, as a writing excercise. They have a habit of getting pretty silly, and she read them to her kids when they were younger. Email tendem tales are fun; they make opening your email interesting again.