Buck's Crossing Update

GEM's

Uh, how did I get on this list?

Saturday is out for me, I have a meeting.

Sorry!

QUOTE (GEM's @ Dec 9 2004, 10:34 AM)

I'm going back!

Join us!

Dec. 18th 2004

Meet at 8:30am at "Circuit Rider" Cache on the top of Graham Hill. We'll carpool to the Sahara Horse Camp just past Elbe from there.

The horse trails will be muddy, wet, and cold.

I hope you can make it! 

Should we show up armed?

My bad..I made an assumption from this post. We'll miss you, was looking forward to finally meeting you. :lol:

GHCM?

What time should we plan on meeting? Runhills, are you joining us?

Yep, I'm in and will be joining you at Eastgate. SOMEBODY has been keeping me very busy!

I think we can comfortably get from Eastgate to South Graham to meet the rest of the crew in about an hour. If we want would allow another half hour and use whatever extra time we have to cache in Frontier Park?

If nobody objects to me bringing Chester, I'm willing to drive our Jeep and not have to fret about any mud he gets into.

Roll call:

Moun10Bike: Here

Evergreenhiker: Here

KFam: Here

MountainMule & Wife: Here

runhills: Here

GEM's: Here

Stump: Here

Criminal: Here

Others?

See you all at "Circuit RIder" in Graham on Saturday @ 8:30 am.

TheGoodStuff can't make it, Maybe RentaKid will come with his horse.

MountainMule will have a large passenger van to carpool.

Dress for mud. :lol:

Ugh! Christmas got in the way. I'll have to spend the morning in Portland instead.

Only a few gunshots on our way out. The posse of 8+2 lived to tell the tale.

Big congrats to GEM's on 1000 and Pepper with 2200th finds today!

Stories will soon follow!

...and pics. <_<

Thanks to Kfam, evergreenhiker!, Pepper, MountainMule & Beth, Moun10Bike, & runhills & Chester for joining Katie and I for a wonderful day! This truly was a memorable caching trip!

Edited by GEM's

9da3a7d2-e836-48dd-a38e-7017f64342de.jpg

These items are currently available at the cache:

Moun10Bike Geocoin

Boeing Coin

(3) Washington Geocoins

Leatherman

MountainMule Wooden Coin

Hiking Stick Travel Bug (take the card from the cache too, the Stick is hidden near the cache)

Check out the logs and the pics at the Buck's Crossing website.

Edited by GEM's
9da3a7d2-e836-48dd-a38e-7017f64342de.jpg

These items are currently available at the cache:

Moun10Bike Geocoin

Boeing Coin

(3) Washington Geocoins

Leatherman

MountainMule Wooden Coin

Hiking Stick Travel Bug (take the card from the cache too, the Stick is hidden near the cache)

Check out the logs and the pics at the Buck's Crossing website.

Slow poke Pepper left a SuperGenius coin in the cache also, it's not a M10B but it's a coin none the less

Pepper <_<

Way to go Slinger!..Still many coins to be had at this wonderful cache.  Sounds like Slinger may have entered from above.

Thanks GEM's. I attacked the cache from the Sahara Creek Camp. I think this is the route you guys took? There were lots of shoe prints to follow. Yes still lots of coins left. And if you like forested hikes, it doesn't get much beter.

Thanks everyone for getting me out to this great area. I have to admit I was going for the MTB coin (tried twice now - congrats slinger91!), but am very happy that I had a great hike in such a beautiful place! Notwithstanding all the mud, which I managed to bring back to my car! :blink:

When I got home and found a moment to log the find, I couldn't believe how many caches I passed on my race down and back!

I can't wait to go back to the area with a day or two, or three to get some of those others!

Merry Christmas! :blink:

It's sad how our legal system works sometimes. It sure was an interesting story to read, and I'm glad it all worked out to where everyone went home safe that day. The cache sounds awesome, too! Thanks for the update! :rolleyes:

The guy who assaulted me a year ago near Stanwood was sentenced last month to 12 months in prison, and an additional 12 months of community custody. My 7 year old daughter was with me when it happened, and she is still post-traumatic. Last week, while caching in Sequim, a guy stopped near us in a golf cart and used abusive language, which was just one occasion which brought it all up again, for her. On the one hand, 12 months is not nearly enough, in terms of "justice". On the other hand, if I could get that guy to apologize in person to my daughter and promise her not to do it again, I wouldn't mind if they let him go tomorrow. It might be the only thing that would bring closure to her.

But that won't happen, and I know it.

Just a note,

I saw this thread from a link about bad trips, and clicked on Ronnie's case link. Looks like he was picked up Monday or Tuesday and is awaiting trial in March. If I'm looking correctly, it looks like he has also been denied bail.

I hope this makes those involved rest a bit easier!

J

Ronnie is in Custody...again.

Here's his history:

10/31/2003 01:30 PM CRIMINAL DIVISION 1 CD1 CASE ISSUED-SUMM/ARRAIGN DEF FTA, BW ORDERED

04/26/2004 01:30 PM CRIMINAL DIVISION 1 CD1 ARRAIGNMENT - BENCH WARRANT ARRAIGNED

05/13/2004 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION 1 CD1 PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE HELD

05/19/2004 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION 1 CD1 OMNIBUS HEARING CONTINUED

06/01/2004 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ OMNIBUS HEARING CONTINUED

06/01/2004 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ CONTINUANCE HELD

06/10/2004 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ JURY TRIAL CONTINUED

06/15/2004 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION 1 CD1 OMNIBUS HEARING CONTINUED

06/17/2004 01:00 PM CRIMINAL DIVISION 1 CD1 OMNIBUS HEARING CONTINUED

06/17/2004 01:30 PM CRIMINAL DIVISION 1 CD1 BAIL HEARING HELD

06/23/2004 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION 1 CD1 OMNIBUS HEARING HELD

06/29/2004 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ JURY TRIAL DEF FTA, BW ORDERED

01/17/2006 01:30 PM CRIMINAL DIVISION 1 CD1 BAIL HEARING - BENCH WARRANT HELD

02/02/2006 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION 1 CD1 PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE

03/06/2006 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ JURY TRIAL

Stay tuned.

His bail is currently $18,000, plus he has a hold for a Thurston County warrant. Pierce County won't hold for out-of-county misdemeanor warrants, so it's most likely another felony warrant. Even if he posted bail in Pierce County, he'd still have to go to Thurston Co before he could be released.

Don't think Ronnie's going anywhere for a while. :ph34r:

02/02/2006 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION 1 CD1 PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE HELD

02/16/2006 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION 1 CD1 OMNIBUS HEARING

02/16/2006 09:00 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION 1 CD1 PLEA DATE

03/06/2006 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ JURY TRIAL

Ronnie has a Plea date set for Feb 16, which indicates that he will plead guilty at that time instead of going to trial. A trial date is still set for after that, in case he changes his mind. Looks like this may be resolved soon.

Shunra had a bit of a problem this last weekend too. They came across some 18 yr old riiffleing their car. The guy jumped back into his own car just when Shunra caught up with him. Shunra was dragged down the road (apparently with his arm in the window). The guy got away and is on the run. Shunra evidently had some minor injuries, and he, his friend, and daughter are pretty emotionally shaken up by all of it.

Stay safe out there. Stay aware.

OK, I think this cache needs to be upped to a 5 star.

The specialized equipment? A 45 and a carry permit. (How's that WA law again about not needing a carry permit for use during outdoor recreation?)

According to RCW 9.41.060 Exceptions to restrictions on carrying firearms (8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area;

It is my understanding that Washington State is open carry, when you are wearing to go to and from target shooting and club functions. But Because of the "Stigma of Gun Ownership" we tend not to wear our guns anymore. Too many people look at you like you are going to do something crazy. If you have ever been to Arizona, which is also open carry state you see people walking around all the time with guns on their hips.

When we go outback camping and hiking, my husband and I both open carry, in holsters. My husband has a permit to carry anytime. I only do when we are camping, and have had bear and cougar come into our camp, and the noise factor scared them away. Not that in this case it would behove anyone to have been wearing, because these men were looking for trouble.

It is my understanding that Washington State is open carry, when you are wearing to go to and from target shooting and club functions.

Washington is an open carry state. It doesn’t matter where you are going or where you’re coming from, the target range or club don’t matter. You do not need a license or permit to carry a firearm openly in Washington. You only need a license to carry a handgun concealed. If it’s not concealed, you do not need the license. (Now, once you get into an automobile, you are carrying concealed, so in the car you need the license.)

You can walk around Seattle, visit Pikes Place Market, drop in on Groundspeak, eat at Cheesecake Factory, and walk up to REI carrying a handgun on your belt openly and you don’t need a license or permit of any kind.

You can walk around Seattle, visit Pikes Place Market, drop in on Groundspeak, eat at Cheesecake Factory, and walk up to REI carrying a handgun on your belt openly and you don’t need a license or permit of any kind.

However, you may freak out the tourists (not to mention the natives). :lol::huh:

However, you may freak out the tourists (not to mention the natives). :huh::huh:

Which he has in some of those very situations. :lol: