Buck's Crossing Update

GEM's

What an interesting if not scary thread.

Those involved or impacted by this Ronnie fella should inquire about completeing a "Victims Impact Statement". The prosecuting attorney's office should be able to send you one.

I completed one for a local punk with a very smallish incident. Got the little criminal much longer in jail than otherwise might have happened.

For this little creatin who rifled the car at Mill Town Crossing. A band of them hoodlums were camping near the bridge at Conway. Skagit County Sheriffs along with assistance from WSP cleared out a bunch of em. Not to mention the drug lab that was in a travel trailer there. I wonder if the car pilferer was one of em?

Very glad that no one has been seriously injured from these encounters. It is a wild wild world we live in sometimes.

The frightening experience at Buck's Crossing could happen to anyone anywhere doing anything. The trails in that area are very popular and get lots of activity, it is a great place for a cache. We survived that day by Gods will. Those two men were heavily armed and heavily intoxicated and we happened into a hostile environment. We learned a lot that day. We were grateful to have been with our friend GEM's.

The Good Stuff :P

We were grateful to have been with our friend GEM's.

The feeling is mutual...God was present ...and I'll definately go back to that cache...although I didn't want to for quite some time, I'm ready now...even thinking about making it my 1000th..anyone want to set a date and join me?

We could.............we are ready too. 

I wasn't part of the unfortunate experience but I do have strong feelings about this cache and would like to join your re-visit? Not for the possibility of meeting the hostiles but for the opposite...a good hike in the beauty of Washington woods with fellow cachers.

Cool! This time let's go in the way runhills did. :mad:

Now let's pick a date.

I'm going back!

Join us!

Dec. 18th 2004

Meet at 8:30am at "Circuit Rider" Cache on the top of Graham Hill. We'll carpool to the Sahara Horse Camp just past Elbe from there.

The horse trails will be muddy, wet, and cold.

I hope you can make it!

I'm going back!

Join us!

Dec. 18th 2004

Meet at 8:30am at "Circuit Rider" Cache on the top of Graham Hill. We'll carpool to the Sahara Horse Camp just past Elbe from there.

I hope you can make it!

I'd love to go but that darn work thing interferes again! :lol: One of these days...

Carpooling makes sense to me. What would be the most convenient location for people? The lot on the north side of I-90 near Eastgate is a pretty good spot for me.

I don't think I've been to that one. Do you have coordinates for that, or we can do SE 8th Park n Ride just off 405. You and I met there for hte haunted cache some time back. I want ot go back and get that one by the way when it's enabled.

Roll call:

Moun10Bike: Here

Evergreenhiker: Here

KFam: Here

MountainMule & Wife: Here

runhills: Here

GEM's: Here

Stump: Here

Criminal: Here

Others?

See you all at "Circuit RIder" in Graham on Saturday @ 8:30 am.

TheGoodStuff can't make it, Maybe RentaKid will come with his horse.

MountainMule will have a large passenger van to carpool.

Dress for mud. :lol:

Uh, how did I get on this list?

Saturday is out for me, I have a meeting.

Sorry!

QUOTE (GEM's @ Dec 9 2004, 10:34 AM)

I'm going back!

Join us!

Dec. 18th 2004

I hope you can make it! 

Should we show up armed?

My bad..I made an assumption from this post. We'll miss you, was looking forward to finally meeting you. :lol: