Merchandise Ideas?

I like the idea of the antenna ball, but that would mean taking down my Spider-Man topper! :rolleyes: He's survived various geo-outings that I never should've attempted in a car!

Here's a couple of ideas to toss around...

Geocaching.com golf pencils & short pens for micros

geocaching.com small, square stickers for the OUTSIDE of the vehicle -- re: for use on tinted windows

gc.com neoprene can huggies/coozies (whatever you call them up there)

gc.com waterproof stickers for the back of a GPS: Property of "_________"

"geocache site" stickers for inside of caches, variety pack of sizes

logo coasters?

(can you tell I work in advertising?)

I would like to see a forest-green bumper sticker with the geocaching logo on the left, and "I'd Rather Be Geocaching!" beside it.

- hamgran

Why didn't I think of that. Of course, an "I'd rather be geocaching" window/bumpersticker. Perfect. :lol: Or maybe on a license plate frame. They have them for every other sport.

I'd buy one of those.

How about an official GC puppy? kinda like how...what was it? Budweiser? that had that dog for all those years....except these ones you could buy ALOT of them and just keep them in a warehouse somewhere......ooh ooh a great trading item....just make sure to ship with holes in the box......i made that mistake once....

What about little Signals made like the plastic smurfs of the '80s? You know, the little plastic ones. They could have a thumbs-up in one hand, a GPS in the other and a little backpack.

Then, after the first 50,000 sell out, you could also get REALLY creative and create a series of signals. Signal with an ammo box, Signal at a computer, Signal out hiking. Then there could be the bad pun series: Lost Signal, Strong Signal, Weak Signal, Scattered Signal (you get the idea).

What about little Signals made like the plastic smurfs of the '80s? You know, the little plastic ones. They could have a thumbs-up in one hand, a GPS in the other and a little backpack.

Then, after the first 50,000 sell out, you could also get REALLY creative and create a series of signals. Signal with an ammo box, Signal at a computer, Signal out hiking. Then there could be the bad pun series: Lost Signal, Strong Signal, Weak Signal, Scattered Signal (you get the idea).

Don't forget Mixed Signal. What tease she turned out to be. :lol:

;)

What about little Signals made like the plastic smurfs of the '80s?  You know, the little plastic ones.  They could have a thumbs-up in one hand, a GPS in the other and a little backpack.

Then, after the first 50,000 sell out, you could also get REALLY creative and create a series of signals.  Signal with an ammo box, Signal at a computer, Signal out hiking.  Then there could be the bad pun series: Lost Signal, Strong Signal, Weak Signal, Scattered Signal (you get the idea).

Don't forget Mixed Signal. What tease she turned out to be. ;)

:lol:

So would a "Crossed Signal" be a cross dressing frog? :D

Inspired by another thread - FTF sew on patches?

They would look good at events on yer hat or yer mega-pocket vest.

OK, yeah, I know it's not about the numbers for some (and I sure am one of those) but I still think it would be a neat thing to have. A consistent design was what I had in mind so that they would be recognized for what they are.

I know some of the 'anti-numbers' cachers would not want to display them but it's not a lot to ask that they take them out of the cache if they are first there. (could always put them in the raffle at the next event you go to)

Nalgine bottles with the geocaching logo!!!

yep

Oh man, that's what I was just about to suggest.

I had this really awesome one that had the logo of an outdoors club that I belong to on it but I just recently broke the cap, but I'm planning on ordering another cap, and maybe one of the new next generation nalgenes, I could put one of my extra GEO stickers on it...