Merchandise Ideas?

Any interest in an antenna ball? This has been shelved for a while.

antennaball.jpg

YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!! Sold.

Me too. I'll buy a couple for my sister, MtnFrog, and one for my Mom. Both collect frogs.

Sn :P:P gans

multiple sales for me too.

:P YUP!!!! What they said :D

Me too!!! I want a couple. :P By the way Pandy signal's a girl frog. :P

Hi there

Well it did not take long for me to think up this after our very first hunt.My idea is for a geocache gob stopper .Had the pleasure of walking the Welsh hills with my kids over the weekend .My daughter stumbled across our very first find ,now she was some distance away from where i was hence my nick,so anyway she hollers out loud at the top of her voice"Dad i've found it ,Dad come quick i've found it ,i've found it".I could have sworn that every rambler in them hills for miles around must have heard her :P

Thanks

Aubrey

AKA Decreasing Circles

I'd like to get a roll of clear packing tape with a small version of the "Official Geocache" sticker on it every few inches.  Need a geocache sticker?  Just rip off a few inches and attach it to your cache.  Great for minis, micros, and ammo cans. 

:P GC.COM tape roll: Cool idea - I could really use that.

Signal's head looks a bit too much like a refugee from a bubblebath cap for me. :P

The tape roll would be slick as long as it could withstand the elements.

Jeremy: The antenna topper is too cool, I'd order a couple (like others suggested as long as the price was decent--I'm sure it would be.) Having them priced "just right" would make them great trade items as someone also suggested, but I know only so much can be done with pricing depending on vendor pricing, etc.

antennaball.jpg

:) OMG I want one ... Now .. Now .. Now.. Please.. hey I dont beg easily..

just how long has this little piece of marketing gold been sitting on the shelf? it could be the universal way of telling when there is a geocacher around. mass production soon would be a good idea.

:D OMG I want one ... Now .. Now .. Now.. Please.. hey I dont beg easily..

just how long has this little piece of marketing gold been sitting on the shelf? it could be the universal way of telling when there is a geocacher around. mass production soon would be a good idea.

I agree this would make finding fellow cachers much easier. The tags and stickers are great but not nearly as visible as this would be! hmmm Im thinking bout one of the headbands that have the hearts and crap bouncing around on springs.. think I could replace them w/ froggy :):) I bet I could talk my son into wearing it.. ok maybe not

The antenna balls are so cool!!!!!!!!!! Why arent they on the website? Has anyone bought them?

I have another Good idea. Waht if Groundspeak bought ammo cans from a big military surplus store ans sold them over Groundspeak? This might encourage more regular sized caches. A geocaching aquaintince of mine bought allmost 1000 ammo cans for a buck each!!!!!!!! Think if Groundspeak bought 10,000 of them. They would be extremely cheap.

I have thought about doing this, but will probably never get around to it.  I think geocaching.com/Groundspeak.com should make state geocoins that can be tracked on the webpage.  It wouldn't be too hard to make if they kept one side the same and only made the other side different for each state.  I think that any state coin would be much more popluar if you could track them the same as you track a TB.  Or they could make a different page to track coins.  It's just my suggestions, but it seems to me that the coins that are out there have become very popular. 

McWeb

P.S.  If geocaching.com takes my suggestion and runs with it I would like some props for suggesting it (and maybe even a few free coins :D )

I would love to see a geocoin per state option as well. They could even sell collector sets with one of each state. Wouldn't that make a great FTF prize for a killer multicache!

Anybody else want a coin per state?

There would probably have to be a lot of pre orders to get that one rolling.

Edited by thestosh
I would love to see a geocoin per state option as well. They could even sell collector sets with one of each state. Wouldn't that make a great FTF prize for a killer multicache!

Anybody else want a coin per state?

There would probably have to be a lot of pre orders to get that one rolling.

Yeah! Someone else thinks it's a good idea! I would love to see it happen, so if you like the idea please respond favorably!!

McWeb :D

6b47cb88-d7dc-4fda-93fd-991171ca2f77.jpg

This would be a GREAT idea...on the back of the card, you could have a place to write in the geocacher name, and a spot for the cardholder signature...

Then work with major hotel chains and restaurants to get a "Geocacher Discount" of 10-20% on rooms and food, since alot of us travel...you could have a place on the website (like the TB section) where you could register the cards, or track them like TBs when a member goes to an event cache, even have monthly giveaways to random card numbers, etc....

Charge $5 in the Groundspeak store for the card, and make it good forever with no expiration date (too much hassle and cost to print various expiration dates on the cards, and we paid the $5 for it anyhow, so come on... )

There needs to be gps tracker. So if you loose it you borrow someone elses gpsr and find it. This would be a nessesity for an expensive gpsr. It would use the gpsr to sent information to your pc if you activated the program.

Just so you know, that would effectively double the weight of the gpsr. And that doesn't even begin to take into account the costs involved.

Then work with major hotel chains and restaurants to get a "Geocacher Discount" of 10-20% on rooms and food, since alot of us travel...you could have a place on the website (like the TB section) where you could register the cards, or track them like TBs when a member goes to an event cache, even have monthly giveaways to random card numbers, etc....

Charge $5 in the Groundspeak store for the card, and make it good forever with no expiration date (too much hassle and cost to print various expiration dates on the cards, and we paid the $5 for it anyhow, so come on... )

Nice idea, ugly looking card. National discounts are very hard to negotiate and what about all the people outside the US? Your also not go to get a major chain of anything to give out a non expiring discount.

Nice idea, ugly looking card. National discounts are very hard to negotiate and what about all the people outside the US? Your also not go to get a major chain of anything to give out a non expiring discount.

Always a critic in here....I only put about 2 minutes of effort into that one, just to get the point across... :D

Who said anything about getting a "forever" discount? I just suggested that the card not have an expiration date...retail and/or hotel/restaurant discounts can come and go, depending on how they work it out with GC.com :lol:

Actually…

1) National Hotel discounts are quite easily arranged

2) You assumed, by reading were it said the card would not expire, that the discounts would not expire. It is very easy to set up a “non-expiring” card and have agreements with companies that are good for one contract year. AAA has been doing this for years. Their arrangements with the different companies that offer discounts to AAA Members do not all start and end on the same date, and not all the Members cards start and end on the same date. So it would be easy enough to have a non-expiring card, and the agreements with the merchants could all have their own anual experation/renewal date. This would mean that all the participating merchants would have to be listed in the GC.com site, and if they are on the site, the offer is still good. When a compant decides to not renew, they are removed from the list. It is that easy.

3) Most large, what we refer to as national, Hotel Corporations have properties around the world in large cities. E.g. Hilton, marriot, Holliday Inn…

This sounds like a very good idea, especially with the current growth rate of this sport, and the GC.com memberships. This would actually be very easily tied in with the existing Premium Membership benefits. Before you say it, you would not HAVE to issue a new card every year, with a new date on it. But even that is a pretty easy thing to do.

Edited by Cherokeecacher