Merchandise Ideas?

Hey Snoogans, you ever notice that our avatars look very similar when glanced at quickly?

:D

It's a boring day at work....

HA! Usmorrows gave me a dragon head thingy he found in a cache, because he thought about my avatar when he saw it. So yea, I can see it.

Funny thing. I collect Dragons. (Not the cheesy ones though.)

Edited by Snoogans
Back on topic.

Geocaching clings in different colors to match with your car instead of ONLY white.

I have a monochromatic, red car. Red please.

Only problem with that is the red most likely will not match, and that just looks cheesy. :D

With a white car I was like "hey! white!" with a (different) decal and when it went on it doesn't match the paint exactly so doesn't look as good as you might think. Good yes, but not 'as good'. Give the white a try. :D

Back on topic.

Geocaching clings in different colors to match with your car instead of ONLY white.

I have a monochromatic, red car. Red please.

Check in the office/school supplies area of your local walmart. They sell static cling window decals, manufactured by Hammermil called "Clear Window Decals" that are designed to be printed on with an ink jet printer. You can make your own GC window decals.

Just a thought..... :D

You know that "hair in the can" stuff? Perhaps Groundspeak should package the "WOW" factor in a can and sell it ... one quick squirt and the lamest of lame caches instantly transforms into the most incredible cache at the most incredible location imaginable. Call it "Lame-Be-Gone" or something like that.

Edited by Bassoon Pilot

I've mentioned this before (sorry for the repeat).

I'd like to get a roll of clear packing tape with a small version of the "Official Geocache" sticker on it every few inches. Need a geocache sticker? Just rip off a few inches and attach it to your cache. Great for minis, micros, and ammo cans.

I also like the geocaching buff idea.

Hi,

Here are some of my ideas:

• Nalgene water bottle
  • Mesh bag for gear organization
  • Bandanas
  • Biners
  • Multi-tool
  • GPS case
  • Backpack
  • Cache containers (in various sizes)
  • Flashlight
  • Whistle
  • Band-aids (this is the first aid item I use most, and a gc.com logo-ed one would be cute) :D

NFA

You know that "hair in the can" stuff? Perhaps Groundspeak should package the "WOW" factor in a can and sell it ... one quick squirt and the lamest of lame caches instantly transforms into the most incredible cache at the most incredible location imaginable. Call it "Lame-Be-Gone" or something like that.

So, for a cache to be 'kewl' it has to be hairy????? :D:D:D:D:D

Hi,

Here are some of my ideas:

• Nalgene water bottle
  • Mesh bag for gear organization
  • Bandanas
  • Biners
  • Multi-tool
  • GPS case
  • Backpack
  • Cache containers (in various sizes)
  • Flashlight
  • Whistle
  • Band-aids (this is the first aid item I use most, and a gc.com logo-ed one would be cute) :D

NFA

hmmm... the more I think about it the more I think that band aid thing might be a good idea. Super hero bandaids made a great hit with the kids.. what bigger bunch of adult kids have you found that are dying to figure out what would be the biggest hit to slap a GC logo on. I like that idea.. hmmmm

A safari vest, aka photographer's vest, with about 20 pockets, one of which is big enought to hold the water bottle, and two that are waterproof, for the GPS and digital camera. Reasonably priced, because I've seen these things go over $100, and that's just nuts for a cotton/canvas garment.

I have a beat up denim safari vest, and it's just the thing for fast easy access to everything, without lugging a clumsy backpack around. You don't have to take it off and set it down in the mud everytime you want to reach your waterbottle or find those friggin batteries. Except mine doesn't have a pocket big enough for the water bottle, so I'm still dealing with the shoulder strap digging into my neck. OH yeah! the vest needs epaulets to keep straps and lanyards in place.

Like this, with the GC.com logo, of course! (this one's on my wishlist if I ever get any disposable bux.)

Vestmate.com

Introducing the new Geocaching Pogo Stick! I know what your thinking, "A pogo stick? Johnnie is just being plain silly." But hold those doubts my treasure seeking compadres and listen closely as I regal you with a story about the future of Geocaching.

Despite the obvious benefit of traveling in style AND being immediately recognizable by other cachers, you'll scare the crap out of the muggles. That's right, I propose that the Geo Pogo is the ultimate anti-muggle device. Picture it, a grown man, trying to pogo through the park while holding a device in one hand. Backpack flopping around, Geo-hat flying off. And just wait until you hit the trails, that's when the fun is really gonna start. By the time you get a signal on your GPSr every muggle in the park will have packed up and headed south, leaving you to cache in peace.

Oh sure, the cops may show up, but there is no law saying a person can't pogo. You ever see a NO POGO sign in a park? Heck no, you haven't. If the cops DO hassle you just fall to the ground with your pogo stick and scream "Help, I'm being oppressed!"

Eventually the muggle world will just learn to ignore the Pogo People, leaving us to rule the park system.

Viva el Pogo!

That's right, I propose that the Geo Pogo is the ultimate anti-muggle device.  Picture it, a grown man, trying to pogo through the park while holding a device in one hand.  Backpack flopping around, Geo-hat flying off.  And just wait until you hit the trails, that's when the fun is really gonna start.  By the time you get a signal on your GPSr every muggle in the park will have packed up and headed south, leaving you to cache in peace.

LOL...LOL. OMG That's too funny. :D:D:D

Actually, I like things like the Topeak Alien (expensive though) or the Rhode Gear Tool Pod. The Rhode gear pod is cheap enough at nashbar ($5) to make it a good "I really liked this cache" item. (I've left enough travel bugs and geocoins. I need something different). Park Tools also has some good stuff.

Note that all of the above are bike tools. I'm sure some other hobbies must have bladeless multi-tools but I just haven't found them.

I have thought about doing this, but will probably never get around to it. I think geocaching.com/Groundspeak.com should make state geocoins that can be tracked on the webpage. It wouldn't be too hard to make if they kept one side the same and only made the other side different for each state. I think that any state coin would be much more popluar if you could track them the same as you track a TB. Or they could make a different page to track coins. It's just my suggestions, but it seems to me that the coins that are out there have become very popular.

McWeb

P.S. If geocaching.com takes my suggestion and runs with it I would like some props for suggesting it (and maybe even a few free coins :ph34r: )

Edited by mcweb
I've mentioned this before (sorry for the repeat).

I'd like to get a roll of clear packing tape with a small version of the "Official Geocache" sticker on it every few inches. Need a geocache sticker? Just rip off a few inches and attach it to your cache. Great for minis, micros, and ammo cans.

I also like the geocaching buff idea.

Ooooooo, GOOD IDEA!

I have a large head, hats never fit so I kinda doubt that the GC.com hat will fit me so I'd like to have a patch that is smaller than the current one offered. Perhaps 1"x3" that I could iron-on to a hat of my choice or iron-on to a denim shirt above the pocket...there are lots of uses for a smaller patch: jackets where you don't want a huge patch, smaller cache bags, kids clothes, etc.

Does anyone ever read these fantastic suggestions ? :ph34r::o