Animal House Celebration

igor71

After a long winter's nap, Bluto Blutarski is rising again to celebrate the 2ND ANNUAL ANIMAL HOUSE CELEBRATION on September 4th, 2004!!!

Last year, a rag-tag group of geocachers venued south to Cottage Grove, OR to throw on a toga and party the night away. There wasn't much in the way of geocaching going on, but it sure was fun.

Since Cottage Grove has been so kind as to host this party again, I'm looking to get the gang back together (as well as a few other brave souls) for another gonzo experience.

This year, were going to try and maybe add a little geocaching into the mix. Perhaps something with a little Animal House theme. Nothing has been set up yet, but it's a long summer - and Bluto is crafty.

If you're interested in this shindig (which includes an Animal House parade, look-a-like contest and toga party), stay tuned to this thread for more information. A geocaching page will be set up soon. Hotel reservations will be made. Togas will be prepared.

Check out the website for the Animal House Celebration

Cheers,

Igor71 :D

Edited by igor71

^_^ Bluto here....

Just wanted to put it out there again....the 2nd Annual Animal House Celebration in lovely Cottege Grove, OR! A time for togas, beer and Animal House!!!

A team of geocachers made it south with me last year - who's up for the same in September?

I'm getting a hotel in Cottege Grove on Friday - and plan to amuse myself until Sunday. Geocaching sub-trips may happen, they may not. Fun will be had, regardless.

Contact me at:

greg@grumpyvoices.com

As with last year, I believe we will be in attendance this year.

And, with all the other intersting things in the area (including Charlie Chaplin's famous train crash nearby) I believe we could easily scare up something to do..

We could even visit some of the remaining film locations and take our pix at each place (Anarchy Virtuals?). We could do some research, and make it a team event. That, my friend, would ROCK! I would help out with that..

Plus, I think you should post this over to www.pdxgeocaching.com and www.gotcache.com as well. They'll go nuts! You will have 1000 intersted people in no time. OR at least 10. :unsure:

And remember: Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell NO!

Words cannot describe how disappointed i am to miss this event this year. It unfortunately falls on the same date as the pixies concert in bend that i have 16 tickets for. Last year's shenanigans was unparalleled in its debauchery, especially since we were all minor stars for knowing igor71 aka the winner of the john belushi lookalike contest. For all that will be attending: I'm jealous.

Words cannot describe how disappointed i am to miss this event this year. It unfortunately falls on the same date as the pixies concert in bend that i have 16 tickets for. Last year's shenanigans was unparalleled in its debauchery, especially since we were all minor stars for knowing igor71 aka the winner of the john belushi lookalike contest. For all that will be attending: I'm jealous.

:P Sorry Oregone. I misread your post. I thought you were going.

Ok....it is time. Bluto has come.

The Animal House Celebration is this Saturday in Cottege Grove - and it's going to be a serious party.

A group of geocachers went with me last year and had a blast. I ended up winning the John Belushi Look-A-Like contest - and the party was on! Over 6000 people showed for the parade - and 2500 stayed for the world's largest toga party.

This year, I've been named Grand Marshall of the Animal House parade :o and been given a small block of tickets to the Toga Party (regularly $15). If anyone is interested in attending, just let me know - and I'll hook you up with a ticket.

Trust me...it'll be fun.

http://www.animalhousecelebration.com

Cheers,

Igor