Looking For A Hiking Stick/trekking Pole

Columbia/United Cutlery makes a really nice hiking staff - the Cathedral Peak.

Features include a removable handle with interchangeable knife and saw blades, watertight storage space, compass, and adjustable wrist strap. Sheath is fiber reinforced nylon and clips on the side of the hiking staff and houses the interchangeable knife blade.

Overall length - Adjustable from 37" to 57"

CL0103.jpg

It MSRP's for $99, and most online resellers have it for $70. I can do it for $65 including shipping.

Columbia/United Cutlery makes a really nice hiking staff - the Cathedral Peak.

Features include a removable handle with interchangeable knife and saw blades, watertight storage space, compass, and adjustable wrist strap. Sheath is fiber reinforced nylon and clips on the side of the hiking staff and houses the interchangeable knife blade.

Overall length - Adjustable from 37" to 57"

CL0103.jpg

It MSRP's for $99, and most online resellers have it for $70. I can do it for $65 including shipping.

I LOVE these types of poles. I would really like to have one like this but they are just a bit too pricey for my budget. I am trying to find one in the $25-30 range, which might be asking for too much...lol

I'm sure these are well worth the $60 and I appreciate the offer. Wish I had one.

I LOVE these types of poles. I would really like to have one like this but they are just a bit too pricey for my budget. I am trying to find one in the $25-30 range, which might be asking for too much...lol

I'm sure these are well worth the $60 and I appreciate the offer. Wish I had one.

If I run across any less expensive ones I will let you know. Unfortunately that Cathedral Peak one is the only hiking staff that I carry. :)

We bought two of the ones at Target for about $25 each a couple of weeks ago. Have used them on a couple of hikes, and are pleasantly surprised. The quality seems on par with the $60 "name brand" ones. I like the ability to collapse them to about 26" for packing, yet when expanded, they are pretty sturdy.

Sam

Well, believe it or not, I just bought two sassafrass sticks off of ebay. I went to Target and checked out their trekking poles and they only had about 6 left. Every one of them had something wrong with them.....couple were bent and the rest either wouldn't lock into place or were stuck into the locked position. I kinda figured if that were some of the problems with them in the store, they would probably fail me in those same respects somewhere down the road. So I decided then to go with wooden sticks. Bought a couple personalized ones on ebay for about what I would have paid for one aluminum trekking pole in the store. Works for me.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Edited by PandyBat