Simple question regarding new caches...

FoxholeAtheist

I just placed a cache and posted it to the site, then went in and logged a find for it so that I could transfer the Travel Bug I picked up to my new cache... At the same time, I clicked on the "Watch this cache" button. Now, I _THINK_ that I received two notifications of myself finding this cache... would I receive one since I hid the cache, AND one since I clicked the "watch" button?

Thanks,

Fox

FHA,

Yes, if you are the owner of the cache, you automatically receive notification of logs. When you also watch the cache, you'll get double emails.

Also, it's not necessary to log a Find in order to transfer a bug. In fact, it's bad form to log your own cache. Simply edit your Found It! log to a Post a Note log.

Jamie

As the cache owner you get automatic notification of all activity on your cache. You do not need to add it to your watch list. Also you do not need to log a find on your own cache (as many think this is not proper), you can use a note to place a travel bug. In addition, you can delete the find log or note on your cache and the travel bug will still remain with the cache.