Sig Items Wanted

Sorry about the delay in answering every one, but I'm currently in despute with my ISP over a double billing problem, re them billing me for a payed dial up access 6 months after I went on to broadband. As a result my account is frozen, until it's all sorted. Just to confirm that I am still collecting signature items for the display board, and wil continue to do so, as I intend to keep creating Display boards for promoting geocaching as long as cachers are interested in sending them to me.

As I do not currently have a email address, as I'm using the libarary net access, here is my address.

Dave Palmer

11 Ddol Hyfryd

Gronant

Prestatyn

Flintshire

LL19 9UH.

Hopefully it will be sorted in the next couple of days so service will be back to normal. Any one wishing to contact me please leave a message here and I will get back to you thru your proffile.

Once again sorry for any problems this has caused, and appoligise to anyone who has emailed me in the last 7 days.

A very P***ed off with a Isp starting with a "W" Dave.

Service from home has been reinstated for now, whilst we sort out all the problems. The other half used to be a emergency call centre supervisor, and has the gift of the gabb on the phone :(. In answer to the qiureys yes it started with a F before changing to a W, and up to now I,ve never had a problem with them.

Dave, crying because I'm not keeping all these fantastic sigs :D .

Just a quick question. Is it still a sig item even if you don't put it in all of the caches that you visit?

The only reason that I ask is that like the evil rooster, I too bind books and have been planning on leaving a small hand bound sketch book in every tenth cache that I find.

Does that still constitute a signature item? If it does, I'd be happy to donate one to the cause. Plus they make good log books for newly placed caches.

Mark S.

Team Nottrikk

Just a quick question. Is it still a sig item even if you don't put it in all of the caches that you visit?

In my book if it is something unique to you, which anything hand made is, then yes it is a sig item, even if you left one in only 1in100 caches.

Mark has got your snail mail address, so I will get a new card to you within the next couple of days. Please attach this new one to your board and disregard the last one we sent you.

No way!!! :) . If you send me one of your new ones, it goes on the board with the old one. One of my aims is to keep this project open, allowing newcomers or old hands who change their sigs to display them on a board. Who knows in 12 months time we could have 3 or 4 Display TBs roaming the country looking for events to visit :D. Now that would be a challenge for anyone crossing the pond, to take one with them B).

Does that still constitute a signature item? If it does, I'd be happy to donate one to the cause. Plus they make good log books for newly placed caches.

Having 2 of evilroosters in my care, I can tell everyone who has not seen them, that they are totally fantastic, far to good to use as log books. As FTF prizes they would have cachers fighting eacher to the cache, I'm already crying because I can't keep them.

A very jealous Dave

Another bookbinder! Cool! Do you have any pics?

I certainly do, go to The shades websiteand click on the books link. The photos aren't fantastic as they were taken with a hand cranked digital camera a while back before Megapixels were even thought of. But you can get an idea of what I do.

Pyro, I'll have a book in the post to you by the beginning of next week.

Mark S.

Team Nottrikk.

I have just designed some new calling cards for us to leave in visited caches.

Mark has got your snail mail address, so I will get a new card to you within the next couple of days. Please attach this new one to your board and disregard the last one we sent you.

Joan

B)

76b5f633-265c-4b92-8fe4-f6521bd5822f.jpg

Taking this slightly off topic, but.... that new card looks great Joan. I just love the graphic. :-)

- Neil.

[Taking this slightly off topic, but.... that new card looks great Joan. I just love the graphic. :-)

Thanks Neil, I am quite proud of it, Our original one was a quickie but work has been slack this week so I decided to take some time to do a proper one. I was looking for something to do with direction eg a compass or something on the internet, when I came across this bewildered hiker complete with map and signpost I thought it would be just perfect for our cache calling card. Sums our Caching up just perfectly.

Joan

B)

PS Mancunian Pyrocacher the new card for board is now in post should be with you tomorrow and I don't mind if you use both, like you say the more the merrier.

Edited by Cave Troll & Joan

Sending our HofB dog tag (one extra large, one normal size for your eventer) tomorrow. They look a bit like this only brighter...only just!

Welsh%20Event%20Samples.jpg

We'll also be trying to make our way over to the event itself, but we have no idea of camping sites let alone ones that will welcome the "Boo" herself! Any help from people who know the area would be really welcome!

House Of Boo

Let Me know your Snail Mail and I'll send you one or three of my key fobs..

Moss

Dave, if I could have the snailmail "URL" a mate of mine has a couple of things

Snail Mail URL as requested :unsure:

Dave Palmer

11 Ddol Hyfryd

Gronant

Prestatyn

Flintshire

LL19 9UH.

We'll also be trying to make our way over to the event itself, but we have no idea of camping sites let alone ones that will welcome the "Boo" herself! Any help from people who know the area would be really welcome!

I'll look into it for you. As your into camping, why not have a look at UK Campsite a great camping resorces site, with site reviews and a great forum.

Busy, Busy Dave

Here is the first picture of the Geocachers Signiture Display Board, out side the FC tent at Forestry Shepherds.

Nice one!

I see you got my bits: did you like the "special" keyring I made for you?

So, how did the event go?

Paul

Edited by paul.blitz
Nice one!

I see you got my bits: did you like the "special" keyring I made for you?

So, how did the event go?

Sorry I haven't thanked you yet Paul but between cleaning the after a extension, creating the board and a couple of display items, plus sorting out the event, there's not been enough hours in the day.

As for the event it's self, it has gone very well. I set a easy circuit around the sports field, with everyone who did it going into a prize draw for a first prize of a Etrex (donated by Cotswold Outdoors) and a Wooden Clock decorated by myself (very kindly donated by Janik Ltd), the hardest part was getting people into the Forestry Commission Tent. A big thanks must go to everyone who attended the event, especial John-Seasider who very kindly let me go thru my spiel :o about Geocaching, before letting on who he was :o.I would also like to thank the staff of Gwydyr Uchaf area of the Forestry Commission Wales who made this event possible. I was told that they are quite prepared to host another event :D, on a PR side of things, a photographer from the FC, took a couple of pictures of Seasider and my self with GPSr's in our hands, even if the photos are for internal FC use, hopefully it will bring Geocaching to the attention of other FC areas.

Time for this cacher to have a good rest after 3 days of eventing Dave B)