Sig Items Wanted

I've had a request from the FC asking if I could source some Geocaching display material. As part of this I would like to create a display board of cachers individual signature items, which would be made available for any future Geocaching event. All types of sigs will hopefully go on to the display from visitor cards to key rings, with each item having that persons GC.COM user name underneath. Anyone who is prepared to donate a item can contact me thru my profile, and I will either arrange to collect the items if local, or email out my address. Not to put anyone off donating a sig, but the names of a everyone who donates will go into a draw for a unique clock,created by me as a thank you gift ;). Also if anyone has any Geocaching display items or ideas, please contact me.

Dave

I assume you're in Manchester, if that's correct, I'm coming up that way on Monday for a meeting Tuesday, so you could come grab one of my holographic calling cards.

If that's not possible, send me your snail mail and I'll mail one up to you. The next one due out is the 250 cache card, should go into a cache tomorrow or friday, I'll do you a replica, and add the cache name.

I assume you're in Manchester, if that's correct, I'm coming up that way on Monday for a meeting Tuesday, so you could come grab one of my holographic calling cards.

If that's not possible, send me your snail mail and I'll mail one up to you. The next one due out is the 250 cache card, should go into a cache tomorrow or friday, I'll do you a replica, and add the cache name.

Sorry to confuse you ;) but I actualy live in Wales ;). My user name comes from the fact that I was born and bred in Manchester, and can claim the right to say I am a Lancashire Lad (now thats showing my age :o ). I'll take you up on your offer, address on its way to you. As I promised that the board would be availible for all caching events, I've decided to make it into a TB :o. The idea being that two cachers arrange to meet to hand over the board, loging it in and out of a cache close to the swap location. It should make one of the largest TBs, to actualy go from cacher to cacher, anyone got a 4ft square cache ;)? The first outing for the board will beForestry Shepherds.

Dave.

;) Dave, delighted to be able to assist you in your promotion of the game.

Sue & I are mailing you one each of our small and large logbook stickers and one of our personalised keyrings.

As we claim to be the slowest cachers in the country (since we usually cycle many miles to the caches, doing them one a day - on fine, sunny days only), these are really the proverbial rocking horse manure!

Edited by Sue & Bernie

The no cachers contacting me about my request has been fantastic, if the rate they are coming in keeps up, either myself or my PC are going to crack under the strain of replying to everyone ;) . I've even accepted a offer from a cacher from the US, talk about being friendly the Geocaching community is showing how fantastic it is ;) . As for the poor postman, he won't know what's hit him. Never will my mail killing poodle :o , she can savage a letter to death at ten paces if I let her near the mail. I hope everyone has strong springs on their cars, as if I'm not careful it will be more than one board. Anyone care to place a cache 8ftx4ft :o

Dave snowed under with replys

Edited by Mancunian Pyrocacher
We can send you one of our calling cards... and do you want a fluffy hedgehog as well???

Yes please to both, as the aim is to show a wide variety of sigs, one thing though ;) , I hope you can guarantee that the fluffy hedgehog is free of fleas, as I've heard that they can be full of them ;) (I'd love to know how they have a scratch :o ) only we have 4 cats and a poodle to worry about :o. Another email with my address is on the way, and many thanks for the offer.

Dave the now totaly confused cacher, I think! ;)

We have new sig items which we want to start leaving in caches soon!(this weekend hopefully!)

They are hand pressed coins from the "Shire" where hobbits live!

Yes please that will be brilient ;) .

Are you only looking for small, flat signature items? I could be persuaded to part with a leatherbound book if it would be worth sending. I could even throw together an extra-flat one, given a couple of days...

Now this is were I'm going to be cheeky! If you think it would be possible to permantly fasten a "extra-flat one" to the display board ,then yes please. As for the full size one, I'm creating a display cache, tupperware container and the usual types of things found in a cache. The idea being that visitors to the event sign the log book and leave a comment. This would then be left with the FC Wales, for them to promote Geocaching to other FC areas.

Email on the way to both of you, along with my thanks!

Dave, "Me and My Bright Ideas!!!!!"

I'm creating a display cache, tupperware container and the usual types of things found in a cache.

So do you need any broken McToys sent in? ;)

But seriously -as I've emailed you, yes I can do you a flat pack book and a normal one (the one I left at home when I went caching today, for instance). Can you put the word out on this forum when you've listed the sample cache and mega tbug, so I can add a link to it to my bookbinding gallery page?

I have small credit card sized stickers (that I made myself!) which I stick inside log books above my log entry, if something like that is any good?

They say "This GeoCache has been found by Fangsy!" and there is a picture of my mascot finding a cache on it too. ;)

yes I can do you a flat pack book and a normal one (the one I left at home when I went caching today, for instance). Can you put the word out on this forum when you've listed the sample cache and mega tbug, so I can add a link to it to my bookbinding gallery page?

Email with my thanks, electronically winging its way to you :D. I will email you as soon as the Display Board TB is activated, so that you can keep a track of it, the sample cache won't be listed as it's just a display for the Forestry Commission Event Cache. I will post pictures of it with cachers and visitors on

Forestry Shepherds event cache page. And ask Rhod from the FC in whose guardianship it will be placed to keep me informed of its uses.

I have small credit card sized stickers (that I made myself!) which I stick inside log books above my log entry, if something like that is any good?

They say "This Geocache has been found by Fangsy!" and there is a picture of my mascot finding a cache on it too. 

Fangsy that is what signature items are all about, something individual to you. You have taken the time and effort to create them ,so feel proud of them :D. If you send me one I'll mount it on a piece of card and then laminate it before mounting it on the display board. My address is on the way to you.

Once again I would like to say a big thank you to everyone, when I made my request I was expecting 1 or 2 replies. The response has been overwhelming :D, though the postman might not think so :rolleyes:.

A very Overwhelmed Dave

Just to add to your post, if you email your address I will send you one of my laminated calling cards. Beware - it has a picture of me on it  Is the world ready, I ask myself!

People are actually going to see my ugly mug at the FC cache event, if that doesn't people off, they should enjoy seeing your picture :rolleyes:.

Can we have your snail mail address too please!

We have a calling card too!

Sarah x

Thanks for that, address on its way to both of you.

"Geocaching is not a community of cachers, but a family of cachers!"

So says Dave :D:D:D

We also could send you our calling card.

We would have loved to have helped out as the event is going to be held in one of our favourite areas. In fact we walked across that field only last year. But Robert will be in the middle of his GCSE's so it's not really a good time.

It's great to see the FC Wales actively promoting geocaching. Well done all involved.

The time to panic is when you watch the postie going past your garden path and ignoring your address.........

Because a short time later, the van arrives complete with sacks!

you should see the postman panic now, her runs up and down the garden path! We've only got a Toy Poodle :D, but she can savage mail at twenty paces :D and sounds like a dog 6x her size thru the door!

We also could send you our calling card.

Address on the way to you, I should have saved it somewhere so that I could have cut and paste, and saved my poor fingers :) .

We would have loved to have helped out as the event is going to be held in one of our favourite areas. In fact we walked across that field only last year. But Robert will be in the middle of his GCSE's so it's not really a good time.

Sorry you won't be able to make it this time, but if all goes well, they might hold another one later on in the year, and you will be able to make it to that one!

It's great to see the FC Wales actively promoting geocaching. Well done all involved.

Thanks should go to Lactodorum who made the ground breaking contact with them, and made this event possible. Also to Rhod Watt from the FC Wales for taking geocaching this far forward within the FC. Also on the list of Honors are the staff at FC Wales Gwydr Uchaf office, and Cotswold Outdoors who are sponsoring the event, and have donated a raffle prize. I would also like to mention Janik Ltd who are a pyrography equipment and supplies manufacturer, who with no connection to Geocaching, have very kindly donated a Wooden clock kit for me to decorate and donate as a prize in the raffle (previously I decorated a clock kit as a FTF prize for GCHR93).

A found it sticker and a hidden by laminate card on it's way to you tomorrow!

A reply to your email should be in your In Box :D.

The End of the long winded post by Dave :D

I'm going to laminate my normal sticker for you.

Do you want me to post or shall I just drop it round?my guess is you are about 10min from you 

Drop it round by all means. IO min :D from what I've heard about your driving it should only be 5 mins :D:D .

Email on the way to you along with my phone no, so that you can make sure I'm in. It will be nice to thank you in person for your cooperation over Talacre :D (for those who don't know, Talacre is a SSSI, and I spent 5 months working with the land owner and CCW to get permission. The day I finally got the perm mission letter, Wildtrekker placed a cache there, which on being informed of the situation he very kindly archived it immediately)

A very grateful Dave :D

Would you like a calling card from a renegade Aussie cacher stuck in Canada? (*rofl*)

A very big yes please. Since the aim is to show Signature Items, as a aid to introducing Geocaching to muggles, the more international ones the better! At the rate the offers are coming in it looks like there are going might be two display boards, if I get more than enough I'll start a third one to join the family. Now that would be a challenge, getting 3 four foot square TBs to the same location on the same day! Address boomeranging its way to you B).

please send us your snail mail address and we will be happy to send a ducklings x-stitch keyring.

Address on its way to by carrier duck :(.

We can send one of our caching stickers and one of joans handmade cards if you,d like em

The boards would be empty without them. But the postman :D won't like em B).

The offers keep rolling in, I will be able to display at least one board at the Forestry Commission cache event. As long as cachers are interested in sending me their signature Items, I will keep creating the display board TBs, allowing nuggets and established cachers who decide to create a sig to have one put on a display board promoting Geocaching.

Dave :D Master Signature Display Board Guardian B)

Now that would be a challenge, getting 3 four foot square TBs to the same location on the same day!

I'm sure we could work something out there, given my location to you. I will give you a call later in the week and arrange a time to pop over with sig item and have a chat about logistics

Andrew

you might as well just put your address in here dave so everyone doesn't have to keep contacting you. you could always remove it afterwards.

Any comments from the postie yet?

Are there any nice/cheap hotels nearby the meet? I might be able to persuade the wife to go away for the weekend and come over......

There are some nice ones in the area, best look at the welsh tourism site www.visitwales.com

As an alternative, Llandudno and Rhos-on-sea is just 30 min down the Conwy Valley and has lots of cheaper B&B's or Hotels. I even have a client in Rhos that runs a very nice B&B at good rates if interested. there are also lots of caches in that area for when you get back from the show B)

you might as well just put your address in here dave so everyone doesn't have to keep contacting you. you could always remove it afterwards.

And deprive everyone of my personalised thank you email, the poor souls B) .

Any comments from the postie yet?

Speak to the postman :D , he runs up and down our path, as we have a Mail killer called Trixie B). She's only knee high to a grass hopper, but can snatch the mail out of the letter box at twenty paces :( . If she gets the mail it mean out comes the selotape :D .

Are there any nice/cheap hotels nearby the meet?

Reading WildTrekkers post it looks like he's well sorted that out for you. Wonder how much commission he's on B) .

A V ery Busy Dave :D

There are some nice ones in the area, best look at the welsh tourism site www.visitwales.com

As an alternative, Llandudno and Rhos-on-sea is just 30 min down the Conwy Valley and has lots of cheaper B&B's or Hotels. I even have a client in Rhos that runs a very nice B&B at good rates if interested. there are also lots of caches in that area for when you get back from the show :ph34r:

thanks wildtrekker - i may take you up on that - depends on work and wife committments nearer the time.