Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scout353

Nh Caching Net???

CQ, CQ, CQ This is KB1LCV, Kilo Bravo One Lima Charlie Victor, KB1LCV

For people who love Ham Radio and Love Geocaching, why not mesh the two together and have a geocaching net in New Hampshire. There are plenty of Repeaters on the 2 and 1.25 and 70cm that we could communicate, no problem. I'm personally a no code tech. E-mail me at Hugslyscot@yahoo.com and post here if you interested.

KB1LCV

Yep, definitely interested!! I'll be glad to help organize if needed ... drop me a note.

// N1ZPP

Thanks N1ZPP.

Anyone here know of anyone who owns a Repeater Station? I know that Bruce Jewlett is one of my friends neighbors... If anyone wants to help in setting one up then just post here and e-mail at Hugslyscot@yahoo.com Keep on Caching!

KB1LCV

Scout353 ;)

anything linked up into :maine: would be great! I'm in Old Orchard Beach. On occassion I can hear what's coming out of the 146.655 machine on Mt. Washington, but that's a rare occurance.

Since you're on OOB, you might be able to hit the WJ1L machine in Alfred ... 145.410, negative offset, PL 103.5 ... I'm usually on this machine. I know the repeater owner via radio and I'm sure we could use it for the net to cover a good portion of southern Maine plus borderlining NH areas like Rochester, etc.

//N1ZPP

I can get into that machine just fine, as long as I'm outside. Only thing I have at home is the HT.

Might need to move the mobile rig into the house.

Any more intrest in a net? I personally am in the Manchester Area so who know>

You can contact me via e-mail or I'm usually on the Derry 146.85 or the Chester 145.19.

Scout353

KB1LCV

Edited by Scout353

Since you're on OOB, you might be able to hit the WJ1L machine in Alfred ... 145.410, negative offset, PL 103.5 ... I'm usually on this machine. I know the repeater owner via radio and I'm sure we could use it for the net to cover a good portion of southern Maine plus borderlining NH areas like Rochester, etc.

//N1ZPP

you're not the guy always on that machine who has the Land Rover, are you?

or am I thinking of another repeater... :mad:

No, that's not me with the land rover. You are probably thinking of a different machine anyway ... I use my HT in the house, at least until I can get my external dual-band (2m/70cm) mounted up on the house. Of course, I'm closer to the WJ1L machine than you are :lol: I use a 5/8 wave magmount when I'm in the Jeep.

Scout353, I go back and forth between here (Sanford, ME) and Manchester several times per week ... when I'm driving, I usually check into the Chester machine and the Saddleback machine on 147.000 until I hit it's blind spot in Candia.

I'm always on the Chester Repeater 145.19. It'd be real good spot as I hear nets on it all the time. Still looking for more interest...

Scout353/KB1LCV