Really Cheap Ammo Boxes

I have just been to a local army and navy store, and they have ammo boxes in really good condition .... and whats more there only £1.99 .. They have the large ones and the medium size. all they need is a lick of paint, no dents ... all shut and seal. They have a online store www.springfields.co.uk

Thanks Chadwick Chasers - I was going to pop to Springfields as the guy at Yeomans in Derby tipped me off that they had a good stock. That's after I got stung for £4.00 for a large but excellent condition Ammo box at an independant surplus dealer in Beeston.

I also popped to Anchor Supplies at the Cattle Market in Nottingham. They have a ton of ammo boxes from £3.50 and are available on their website www.anchorsupplies.com. They also have a depot in Ripley, Derbyshire. If you order online I suggest asking for a good condition box only as some of the ones I saw were v.rusty!

Cheers

The Hokesters :D

We checked out a place in Reading - £5 for small ones and £7 for large ones. They looked in very good nick but we came away thinking they were too pricey. However, having tried one or two places on the net, which added p&p almost doubling the cost, we're going back to the Reading shop. At least we can choose what we're getting..

We checked out a place in Reading - £5 for small ones and £7 for large ones. They looked in very good nick but we came away thinking they were too pricey. However, having tried one or two places on the net, which added p&p almost doubling the cost, we're going back to the Reading shop. At least we can choose what we're getting..

Could tell us where in Reading the place is?

OK, I'm gonna have a guess here...but I think the army surplus store in Reading that is mentioned is at the bottom end of Friar Street (towards Market Place), in a little arcade with a sign outside it.

Personally, we buy ammo bags and just put a normal tupperware box inside them. They are dead cheap from the surplus store in Camberley, and are perfect for camofluaging geocaches.

OK, I'm gonna have a guess here...but I think the army surplus store in Reading that is mentioned is at the bottom end of Friar Street (towards Market Place), in a little arcade with a sign outside it.

Personally, we buy ammo bags and just put a normal tupperware box inside them. They are dead cheap from the surplus store in Camberley, and are perfect for camofluaging geocaches.

Hi sidewallwolf, which shop in camberley?

Hi sidewallwolf, which shop in camberley?

It's down the London Road, about number 121 (thanks TomTom :D ), near the shopping centre. You can't access it from the main road, only from the high street.

Jamie

I have been there and found that the boxes are expensive so have never bought one. On the positive side they look pristine - but is it worth the money??

Andy.

I bought an ammo box from Kidderminster today 6"x7"x12" . This was £5.99 and there was no reduced price for seconds...just pick the best available (they're all second hand). The fuse cans were 25p each.

The cammo netting seemed to be quite expensive so I gave it a miss and decided to try my hand at using the sewing machine.

Where's a good place for cheep cammo netting?

Where can I get some spray paint at knock-down prices?

Aisledog

Edited by aisledog
I bought an ammo box from Kidderminster today 6"x7"x12" . This was £5.99 and there was no reduced price for seconds...just pick the best available (they're all second hand).

Sick Squid is a lot for an Ammo box too. I have one a bit bigger which I paid £4 and it is fully reconditioned.

Shop about some more and you'll get the deal you want :P

The Hokesters