Caching In Romania

tordail

Hello,

In my country the number of geocacher is low (probably higher than in your country by low compare to other countries). When I started geocaching an other geocacher from nederland gave the advise to put caches in nice places close to my home. Also it advise me to put several caches. Some peoples from other countries might ne interested to come in the area where I leave to geocache because the number of cache is high.

That what I did an effectively some tourist came specialy in my area to geocache and some new French geocacher from my area start geocaching.

Also, because the number of people who speak English in France is low, I always put the indications for my caches in french and in English.

Next Summer I'm going to Slovakia for my vacations and of course I will geoccahe. May be I will go a day in Romania

Romary

Les gaulois

My caches list : http://www.geocaching.com/profile/Default....f9-a13313e071b5

:):P:):D

Yes, attrackting tourists from outside the country is a good thing, but the main idea would be to have the locals take up the initiative, because not many foreign people will place caches here.

A couple of days ago I placed a cache near my home (it is not yet listed on the site because we want to be sure, that the location is good), and I put the indication in english, romanian, and hungarian too, because there are lots of hungarians here. :D

Is there anyway to get an english translation of this site?

There's a new website for Romania Geocaching . It's just starting up, let's hope it will grow :unsure:

Paul

I'm from Romania. Is there any cacher from my country who reads this forum?

I would like to increase the cache number here too, but can't do it all by myself. So if anyone can help me with it, post your thoughts here.

Is there anyone near Bucharest that reads this forum?

I'm from Bucharest.

There is a story I'm hearing from an old timer here (USA) about a cache (actually 3) he buried along time ago just north of Bucharest. I plan to try to zero in on Google Earth with him and get an exact location. I also am trying to get a map from the 1950's of the area. I'm a little scared to be playing over there but it would be an adventure of a lifetime!

There is a story I'm hearing from an old timer here (USA) about a cache (actually 3) he buried along time ago just north of Bucharest. I plan to try to zero in on Google Earth with him and get an exact location. I also am trying to get a map from the 1950's of the area. I'm a little scared to be playing over there but it would be an adventure of a lifetime!

Your friend hid the caches long time ago as in 7-8 years ago or 20+ years?

I mean, geocaching it's around for about 8 years now.. If your friend hid the caches more than 10 years ago he probably doesn't have reliable GPS coordinates or he doesn't have coordinates at all..

Anyway, this might turn to be pretty chanlenging and fun!