Downloading Altitude Trks Garmin Etrex Vista/legen

clock98

Hi,

I just purchased a Garmin Etrex Vista. I am specifically looking for software that will transfer the altitude data that one collects when making a track. I do not just want the altitude of each waypoint that I create, but for every point saved in order to create the track.

Ex. I want to take the GPS with me skiing and then come home and create a graph of my altitude every 5 seconds throughout the day. can anyone help me with this??

Thanks a bunch!!

Mapsource topo will transfer the data to a topographical map, but it will not render it in 3D. If you click on a point it will tell you the elevation, time and such. I have seen some great maps created from the DeLorme software.

http://www.delorme.com/quads/default.asp

735369_700.jpg

National Geographic software will draw track and elevation profiles, but not in 3D. I can try to provide an example of that software for you later.

Thanks mtn-man and pdop! I am wanting to take the data and put it into an Excel spreadsheet.

I would assume that since topo does it, then pretty much all of the Mapsource products do it. I emailed two different departments at Garmin to see what they say.

I'm going to try that new software tonight.

So far GPS Utility from the UK is working out best for me. It by far is the most powerful tool that I have seen from the suggestions here. Plus I can save all of the altitude data in a spreadsheet format and it also has your current speed saved with the altitude trackpoints.

If anyone can suggest others, lets see them!