Garmin Techs Credibility??

I am in the process of an email inquiry why the gps 60C has the "lite" basemap as oposed to the more detailed one in the V, they just proceeded to tell me in TWO emails that they have the exact same basemap, I can sit there and compare them side by side and the V has so many more roads it is not even funny..how do I capture screenshots of the 60C so I can friggin send this guy one? This is getting hilarious.

Well, I'd bet that Garmin's tech support is just about like everyone else's tech support:

Most of the employees don't really know what's going on. They have a 'script' on a computer that tells them what to say to you.

If you ever run across someone that knows what they are doing, get their name and instructions on how to get them the next time something breaks.

I am in the process of an email inquiry why the gps 60C has the "lite" basemap as oposed to the more detailed one in the V, they just proceeded to tell me in TWO emails that they have the exact same basemap, I can sit there and compare them side by side and the V has so many more roads it is not even funny..how do I capture screenshots of the 60C so I can friggin send this guy one? This is getting hilarious.

Sorry - I didn't even answer your question.

Try getting G7toWIN. It can capture screenshots from Garmin units.

http://www.gpsinformation.org/ronh/g7towin.zip

No offense but are you sure that you are comparing basemaps and not a detailed map that you previously loaded into your GPS V?

None taken, since I live in california, I am pretty sure I don't have any detail maps loaded for the cities I checked in florida :). The difference was like one or two streets and yes I can tell the difference between the basemap and the topo or city select I normaly use. I also triple checked that both detials settings for th eunits are checked to "most".

Edited by wickedsprint

You are right that the 60 basemap has less detail, but it's a simple tradeoff, more basemap = less room for supplemental maps. I personally like more supplemental map space because the basemap is bad in both models (remember detail is only one consideration, others include accuracy and up-to-date information).

Expandable memory and uploadable basemaps would be ideal.

Ive noticed alot of stuff missing from the GPS 60C's Basemap, like railroad tracks

Garmin, realizing that no one drives on railroad tracks eliminated them. :)

I drive on them all the time...

Leaving Washington on my Washington to New York trip (Jan. 2004)

51d06d86-aedd-4498-95fe-3c8a55f71198.jpg

Edited by Neo_Geo