Check This Out

LETaylor

The image is from an online tool to design your own badge. Smith & Warren is a badge company that makes badges for the law enforcement/fire community. I went ahead and "designed" the badge but instead of purchasing it (about $85 as pictured) I just saved the image.

Needless to say you would need to be very careful that you didn't use something like this to impersonate a law officer. The laws have always been strict, but in today's environment they'd just throw away the key to your cell.

Having said that, I think it is entirely plausible that you could design a badge that obviously is not meant to mislead the public. I don't think you'd have to much trouble with one identifying yourself as a geocacher. It would be interesting to get a center medallion with the GC logo on it. (grin)

The company website that I went to is The Fire Store. Click on the "Badges/Medalions" option on the left and build your own!

And, now mounting the runway at this first annual geocachers modeling event, is LETaylor!! He's sporting a propeller beanie with the optional rearview mirror, for spotting those caches you just walked past! His pants are pulled tastefully up to his ribs, and in the belt you can see his pager and a waterbottle in a quickdraw holster, just to the right of his fanny pack full of McToys! His boots are made by Haute Hiker, with double traction tread, fully waterproof and also available in powder blue and hot pink!

Wait, now here's the topper! In his hand is a Garmin iQue 3600 PDA/GPS handheld, and strapped to the back is a Geocaching badge that he made himself!!!

*Thunderous Applause*

Heehee, that website is great fun, but lest the silly vision I described above come true, please nobody succumb to buying a geocacher's badge, even if it's just a roleplaying item to use in the bedroom with the wife. After all, where would it end?? With a pair of lavender Haute Hiker double treads (though mine are broken in perfectly, and soooo comfortable!)?

And, now mounting the runway at this first annual geocachers modeling event, is LETaylor!! He's sporting a propeller beanie with the optional rearview mirror, for spotting those caches you just walked past! His pants are pulled tastefully up to his ribs, and in the belt you can see his pager and a waterbottle in a quickdraw holster, just to the right of his fanny pack full of McToys! His boots are made by Haute Hiker, with double traction tread, fully waterproof and also available in powder blue and hot pink!

Wait, now here's the topper! In his hand is a Garmin iQue 3600 PDA/GPS handheld, and strapped to the back is a Geocaching badge that he made himself!!!

*Thunderous Applause*

Heehee, that website is great fun, but lest the silly vision I described above come true, please nobody succumb to buying a geocacher's badge, even if it's just a roleplaying item to use in the bedroom with the wife. After all, where would it end?? With a pair of lavender Haute Hiker double treads (though mine are broken in perfectly, and soooo comfortable!)?

You forgot the plaid walking shorts with the black leather belt that is 4 inches too long worn with wing-tips! (I think you're just jealous.)

LETaylor wrote:
You forgot the plaid walking shorts with the black leather belt that is 4 inches too long worn with wing-tips! (I think you're just jealous.)

Heehee, I'm busted! I am jealous! Those belts are classic accessories.

The sad thing is that I can vaguely remember wearing plaid slacks with a plaid shirt in High school (late 60's) Fortunately I now have two daughters and a wife to keep me somewhat in line.