Criminal Does The Impossible

Bull Moose

It's weird, but when I looked at the page it was gone. It's back on the page now, so I'm not off the hook.

After e-mailing with Criminal a bit and comparing it to Marmot Pass hike that we've both done, I think I'll wait until August like EGH suggests.

Edited by Bull Moose
It's weird, but when I looked at the page it was gone. It's back on the page now, so I'm not off the hook.

After e-mailing with Criminal a bit and comparing it to Marmot Pass hike that we've both done, I think I'll wait until August like EGH suggests.

When did you do Marmot Pass?

FWIW, that cache is way higher than the pass, and will require an additional scramble.

My wife, dog, and I backpacked Marmot Pass about two weeks before Criminal put a cache up there. :unsure:

And yes, we also headed up towards Buckhorn Mtn after setting up camp, which, if I'm not mistaken, is the direction the cache is.

I'm thinking about dayhiking it earlyish this summer to go grab the cache.

Edited by Bull Moose
My wife, dog, and I backpacked Marmot Pass about two weeks before Criminal put a cache up there. :)

And yes, we also headed up towards Buckhorn Mtn after setting up camp, which, if I'm not mistaken, is the direction the cache is.

I'm thinking about dayhiking it earlyish this summer to go grab the cache.

Ouch! Was that before you started caching? The spot could have been yours!

If you find someone to pick you up on the Sequim side, you could continue to Tubal Cain and Tull's Canyon caches, and get the best of the walk above the timberline. The part between Criminal's cache and the other two is the most beautiful part of the walk - except most people come up one way for Marmot Pass, and the other way for the two TC caches, and miss out on the middle.

Read your logs for my caches. Great reading!!! Thanks for bringing the pencils up there. wow...digging without a shovel.

Pothole lake is an objective of mine...like to get that one and topo map shows a nice ridgeline that goes up between that lake the the valley with pothole creek. We'll see. I won't do this until later on in hte year.

Read your logs for my caches. Great reading!!! Thanks for bringing the pencils up there. wow...digging without a shovel.

Pothole lake is an objective of mine...like to get that one and topo map shows a nice ridgeline that goes up between that lake the the valley with pothole creek. We'll see. I won't do this until later on in hte year.

Let me know if you need/want help. Now that some of the weariness and terror of what could have happened have worn off, I would love to go back up with some company.

Congratulation Criminal! You did it! I had originally expressed some interest in this for the original date (it turned into the Otter Falls trip) but Otter Falls was my true passion as how I was the first to look for it three years ago. I'd always planned to go back and find the box proper. After doing that I just didn't have the interest or passion to do the work to get to Dream, but I knew Criminal did. I gave some thought to going along to provide some back-up for Criminal, but my interest just wasn't there at the time. Though much riskier alone, you have a lot more to crow over now Criminal, since you managed it solo. Way to go! (but stay safe just the same next trip).

Ouch! Was that before you started caching? The spot could have been yours!.

No, I had been caching a couple of months. I actually thought about taking a cache, but after we packed for a two nights of camping and eating I didn't feel like cramming an ammo box in my pack to hump all the way up the hill. (My wife isn't exactly an ultralite backpacker and I'm not allowed to mess with her packing system :) )

Now that Chewie is full grown I would've put it in his pack, but he was still a puppy then and I didn't want to over do it with what he carried.

I'm happy that Criminal got that spot, now I just need to get back up there. And I need to find that Mt. Ellinor cache that I DNF'd too.