Who's Watching My Caches?

hamgran

OK, I guess I'm just the curious sort, but I can't help but wonder who is responsible for that number going up in the corner of my cache pages... (I'm flattered, really!) Is there any way for a cache owner to find out who's interested enough in her caches to want to see the entries as they're posted?

OK, I guess I'm just the curious sort, but I can't help but wonder who is responsible for that number going up in the corner of my cache pages... (I'm flattered, really!) Is there any way for a cache owner to find out who's interested enough in her caches to want to see the entries as they're posted?

I've always wondered that as well. I've also wondered about who's watching my travel bugs. Some seem to be very popular, while others don't have anybody watching them.

Well, I know whenever somebody's travelbug is in your cache, the owner will watch the cache to see if it's picked up.

I think some people watch mine to see if the goody they left gets taken.

I'm watching a few in other states to see how well frequented they are in case I want to drop a travel bug in them when I go there on vacation.

Not as of yet though there was discussion on about being able to, or who should/could have the rights to see it. There were controversies back in forth in favor of and against. Perhaps someone will Markwell the thread that discusses it further but it was a couple months back and I dont recall the title of the thread.

Sorry to say, but as of right now there is no way to know who has your cache on their watch list.

It might be an interesting new feature to be able to see who is though.

Usually it will tend to be a local cacher who maybe just hasn't had the time to go find it and wants to stay up to date on its condition/status. Or some one who found it and thought it was really interesting and just wants to see what other people thought of it.

Some people I know like to put a cache on their watch list after finding it then remove it after some one new finds it. That way they know for themselves that they weren't the last to find :unsure:

It would be interesting to see. I figure since there are only two caches in the city one of mine is in, maybe caches who live there watch to see when someone goe. Maybe for TBs. As owner, you would be notified anyway if your bug/cache was found (or placed in the case of a bug). I have a nearby bug hotel on my watch list as I go there to swap out bugs pretty regularly.

I watch every non-virtual cache and every TB that I have found. Nothing else.

I can only imagine how many emails you must get? I get tired just sorting through the logs for my own caches...

I tend to place interesting caches that I want to visit on my watchlist...It lets me keep current on their condition until I can visit, but most importantly, it helps me remember which caches I'm actually interested in. :)