Geocachecon

I tried a search for "convention" and could not find a post. Might have missed some...

I know state and regional cachers get together for "meets", but has there ever been a Geocaching Convention set up? I just think from when I go to conventions for work how cool it would be to have vendors selling geocaching products and maybe a couple speakers on placing caches, travel bugs, etc.

Who here in the forums would travel to a GeocacheCON and what would you be most interested in seeing there?

The closest thing to a convention would perhaps be last summer's GeoWoodstock and the forthcoming GeoWoodstock II over July 4th weekend in the Nashville area. Rather than being local or statewide events, these have been set up with the intention of drawing participants from far and wide.

I really don't forsee geocachers flocking in large numbers to a downtown convention center to tour booths set up by Garmin and Magellan. Hot dogs at the picnic shelter and a few geocaches are what will motivate me to drive to an event three states away.