Thanks For A Great Year!

katguy

I'd just like to take the opportunity to thank all of geocaching (TPTB, cachers, approvers, posters, all...) for a great year. My daughter and I went out and found our first cache on April 27, 2003. Today, 2 days short of 1 year, we did two caches (1 a 6-part multi). In between there have been 320 other finds and a handful of DNFs. I have visited a lot of great places I would not have thought to go on my own, gotten a new appreciation for some of the areas I did know, and learned to navigate around 2 new cities while caching on business trips. I have both LMAO and learned a bunch of (some useful, some useless) stuff reading the forums. I have met a bunch of great people (some in person, some by way of the forums or email) that I would have been unlikely to meet for any other reason. In geocaching, my daughter and I have another thing in common to talk about (which I'm sure won't hurt as we go into her teen years). Now when I'm away on business, instead of just asking what I had for dinner, she asks about the caches I found. All in all, it's been a superb year, I too got geocaching and got a life. Thanks all, and keep caching. Katguy