Pending Caches, Ready Caches And 0.1

Now that we have the ability to reserve a cache page and the area around the cache while we work on a cache a new question comes up.

How long should a cache that is pending for whatever reason block someone elses cache from being placed/approved? I've seen permission take 6 months to obtain.

What's reasonable?

Edited by Renegade Knight

Excellent question - OK, I don't know but to start the discussion, I think a month would be more than enough. That would allow for the final prep of even a multi with a complex puzzle that, perhaps, needs the final co-ords before working out the details.....

Oh, that would need to be flexible on the OK of the approver concerned if there is a good reason to extend it.

Edit: to add the last part

Edited by bug&snake

Good question, I wonder what CO ADMIN has to say about it.

I've been thinking of trying to do just the same thing on a cache I've been working on. But when you have to go about 3.5 miles one way to the cache and about a 1.5 mile has no trail, just woods it takes some time just to get the coords right and the clues planted just to lead to the cache.

Good question, I wonder what CO ADMIN has to say about it. 

I've been thinking of trying to do just the same thing on a cache I've been working on.  But when you have to go about 3.5 miles one way to the cache and about a 1.5 mile has no trail, just woods it takes some time just to get the coords right and the clues planted just to lead to the cache.

CO Admin starts with 90 days but has gone as long as needed in cases where the hider asks for more time. My job is to approve caches so I am happy to be as flexable as needed.

CO Admin

Edited by CO Admin

Thanks Admin. :)

And I just finished trying the check the box for activations to see how it works. And here is what shows up on the Cache Page.

Cache Issues:

This cache has not been approved yet. Once it is approved, it will be listed on the site. Check the logs to see if the reviewers have left a note for this listing.

The reviewers will not see this listing until you activate it.

This cache is temporarily unavailable. Read the logs below to read the status for this cache.

And now I know how the check box works.

So tomorrow I'll spend the day afield getting this cache placed. :unsure:

Edited by Tahosa and Sons
CO Admin starts with 90 days but has gone as long as needed in cases where the hider asks for more time. My job is to approve caches so I am happy to be as flexable as needed.

CO Admin

You mean to tell me I have 74 more days to wait? Oh well....... :)

I will do whatever it takes and follow the rules. :P

D

I have a question for the Co Admin?

What cacher here in Pueblo would take 3 months to hide a puzzle cache right next to mine on the same bridge? I wish I could meet these cachers so I can make a deal with them. The spot was perfect for my Runyon cache. Is there a way I can obtain information so I at least know where I can rehide my cache?

Upinyachit :)