Here's A Good Battery Tip!

New England n00b

When grabbing spare batteries for your GPS unit before leaving for a cache adventure - make sure you don't take the ones out of your pack that were the ones you PREVIOUSLY removed from the last adventure.

Of course, I never did that. Today. ;)

Sure is interesting swapping out your low batteries for ones that die in 2 minutes of powering back up!

I believe the proper word here is: DOH! :D

EDIT: Shut up, you! Yeah, YOU Sparky! ;)

Edited by New England n00b

Been there, did that.

I use rechargeables, and I can't count the times I've forgotten to recharge 'em. Sometimes I have spare alkalines with me, sometimes I have to stop somewhere and pay an arm and a leg. <ouch!>

Hmmm, this thread reminds me of something I think I need to do....bye! :D

Edited by GPSKitty

I keep several sets of rechargeable batteries in my pack. I've found the easiest way to keep them sorted is how I keep them in their holders. Fully charged batteries are inserted with their positive poles at the same end. Spent batteries are put in with them mismatched. I can tell at a glance if I'm holding a good set as the battery holders are translucent.

I've found the easiest way to keep them sorted is how I keep them in their holders.  Fully charged batteries are inserted with their positive poles at the same end.  Spent batteries are put in with them mismatched.

My wife wanted an easy way to tell which rechargable batteries were charged and which were spent. So with a permanent marker I colored one end of the little plastic cases red and wrote on the back of the cases, "+ to red = dead". Now we know! :D

Just goes to show you there are some things you are still a n00b at....LOL

j/k ya!

I make a habit of not putting the old batteries back in my pack to begin with. I stick them in my pocket or somewhere else so that I can throw them away or recharge them when I get home.

When you going to change that name anyway?

When grabbing spare batteries for your GPS unit before leaving for a cache adventure - make sure you don't take the ones out of your pack that were the ones you PREVIOUSLY removed from the last adventure.

Of course, I never did that. Today. :P

Sure is interesting swapping out your low batteries for ones that die in 2 minutes of powering back up!

I believe the proper word here is: DOH! :D

EDIT: Shut up, you! Yeah, YOU Sparky! :P

Who, me?!?!? You know I'd never laugh at you for doing something so totally and completely stupid and unintelligent like that!

well, ok....yeah I would!!! :):D:P What a maroon!!! :D:D What an idiot!!! ;);) What a dummy!!!!! :):D What a stooge!!!! :o;);)

j/k ya!

... ...

I only have 21 successful finds to my name at the moment, plus more than a few DNF's. 3 good finds out of 5 today - there is this park near where I live that has been mocking me, so I want to 'collect them all' just to get it out of my head! May do some more there next weekend. Don't ask me why it bothers me - I have no idea!

Ach! Back on my name - Keystone Approver asked me that same question shortly after I joined. My answer remains the same - there are many ways to be a n00b, and a good many more ways to be a kn0b soooo.... maybe after I hit 100 traditional caches I'll change it - but it'll be to something "New England not-so-n00b" or something like that! :D

You gotta figure there are traditionals, micros, virtuals, benchmarks, Garmins, Magellans, 1/1's, 5/5's - there is no end to the n00bishness.

Thusly standeth me name! ;) ;)

j/k ya!

...  ...

I only have 21 successful finds to my name at the moment, plus more than a few DNF's. 3 good finds out of 5 today - there is this park near where I live that has been mocking me, so I want to 'collect them all' just to get it out of my head! May do some more there next weekend. Don't ask me why it bothers me - I have no idea!

Ach! Back on my name - Keystone Approver asked me that same question shortly after I joined. My answer remains the same - there are many ways to be a n00b, and a good many more ways to be a kn0b soooo.... maybe after I hit 100 traditional caches I'll change it - but it'll be to something "New England not-so-n00b" or something like that! :D

You gotta figure there are traditionals, micros, virtuals, benchmarks, Garmins, Magellans, 1/1's, 5/5's - there is no end to the n00bishness.

Thusly standeth me name! :D:unsure:

Yeah, but not many noobs still try to use AAA batteries in the AA slots........ :D:D:D:D

I'll bet that's why they really ran down after only a couple of minutes!!! What a nOOb!!!!! :D:D:)