Caching Coddy Doggy

Cushag

A cacher has placed a caching Coddy Doggy in one of my caches. Curiosity got the better of me so I had a look. It is one of a series. Where did they start, etc? It appears not to be a travel bug so can we trace them? I am presuming they get moved on from cache to cache.

Thanks.

A cacher has placed a caching Coddy Doggy in one of my caches.

I believe they're Liz Codd's signature item. I'm sure she'll fill in the details.

I don't believe they're there to be moved, just taken home and loved and fought over when they appear in a cache! (Much as Tim & June bears were/are).

We have #13 series C. He hangs from my rear-view mirror, and is exceedingly cute.

Cheers,

Stu

Hi there,

I've been sunning myself this weekend so sorry for the delay in replying.

Coddy Doggies are quite limited in number as I don't do a lot of caches compared with some. There are four types, series A, B, C and D and around 15 of each. However I have two small boys and they do tend to adopt them themselves at times so I can't guarantee that all 15 of the series will be released outside our house!

Series D haven't been released yet and I'm debating whether to go out today or whether to tidy my shed and sort out the boys summer clothes - how boring is that!!!!

Have fun catching the doggies and please be kind to them, they do report back to Coddy Central you know!!!!

Thank you. This one is now on the Isle of Man, Twixt two Towers. No doubt hoping to be taken to see the TT races in May/June. I will take a note of which one this is and leave it in the cache for the next finder, could be Seasider if he takes up the Challenge (see another thread). If he lingers too long though I shall collect him, take him to the TT and then ask him where he wants to go next and see if I can fulfill his request.

Thanks Liz

Liz,

Will try to do this for him but I have 4 wheels so will have to find a willing Motorbiker. I could take him on my two wheels but if you think I am going to pedal a lap of the TT course...................

Hope someone coming over for the TT will take him out.

Liz.. We just picked up #4C but we're still not 100% sure what happens next. Do we keep him? Return him to the cache, or pass him along to another cache??

Thanks anyway.. it was a nice surprise as we worked hard to wrap up our last "local" cache which we'd dipped before.

Liz.. We just picked up #4C but we're still not 100% sure what happens next. Do we keep him? Return him to the cache, or pass him along to another cache??

Thanks anyway.. it was a nice surprise as we worked hard to wrap up our last "local" cache which we'd dipped before.

Congratulations on finding him, you can keep him, but please look after him well! I didn't intend them as travellers but I did find one myself last week in a cache over 60 miles from home that I had not visited before, it was just a fluke. I'll be making the one I found into a travel bug with a proper tag.

BTW, has anyone else had weird coincidences of finding travel bugs follow them around or that other cachers from another part of the country hit the same caches (obviously Seasider will find this as he's visited everything! but I mean people with lowish cache totals like myself)

BTW, has anyone else had weird coincidences of finding travel bugs follow them around or that other cachers from another part of the country hit the same caches (obviously Seasider will find this as he's visited everything! but I mean people with lowish cache totals like myself)

Well I did bring a TB back from Prague and then came across it twice in other caches in the UK - but I don't think I will see it again as it has crossed the Atlantic in the hope of finding its way back to its owner in Canada. Sorry this has gone a bit off topic but I couldn't resist it.