Newbie And Hooked

Team Texas Flash

Wow, ran across this site looking for fishing waypoints. Signed up as premium member and just got back from finding my first cache. Going to look for some more this weekend. Got 2 questions.

Is there a good list of items I should take, geocaching?

Is it a good idea to have your own website for pictures and stuff?

Thanks,

Texas Flash

Just take what ever you think you would need (water, stuff for trade, camera, GPS (duh), etc.). As you go out on more excursions you will get a better feel for what you do and don't need. Web Sight? If it floats your boat go for it. If not, then don't worry about it! Geocaching isn't about the computer and how well you can present yourself on it. The gist is to get your sorry butt off the couch and out on the trails, in the woods, in the water or any other place or locale and let yourself explore the great outdoors. Best advise I ever received was just to get the hell out there and enjoy yourself and your surroundings to the max.

Keep on caching! :o:D:D:D:D

How do I get rid of these WARNINGS???? :D

Makes me feel like a crimnal!!!! :D

Edited by RoyalRed

Congrats! When we take items we try to think of what we would like to find and what would a kid like to find. It's two different thoughts. Here is a list of items we have to leave and items we have left:

new He-man figurine

new dominoes

new cards and dice

new pair of socks (lots of swamps in NJ)

new dog toys

new cat toys

geocoin (TX example) (from one cache to another)

where's george

signature items

foreign currency

batteries

etc...

you can add images to the log when you add your log online (second step in the process)

have fun

Just take what ever you think you would need (water, stuff for trade, camera, GPS (duh), etc.). As you go out on more excursions you will get a better feel for what you do and don't need. Web Sight? If it floats your boat go for it. If not, then don't worry about it! Geocaching isn't about the computer and how well you can present yourself on it. The gist is to get your sorry butt off the couch and out on the trails, in the woods, in the water or any other place or locale and let yourself explore the great outdoors. Best advise I ever received was just to get the hell out there and enjoy yourself and your surroundings to the max.

Keep on caching! :o:D:D:D:D

How do I get rid of these WARNINGS???? :D

Makes me feel like a crimnal!!!! :D

amen on your post! as for the warning meter only you can see it.

Thanks guys for the info …… going to get a few trinkets and get out there ….. I was just reading the thread on to trade or not to trade ……… I guess “whatever floats my boat” works ……. I like the idea of a signature item ……… any good examples? Don’t want to clutter the caches with a lot of crap …….

Thanks again,

Texas Flash