Port Townsend Event Cache

bumblingbs

I know it's early to start advertising this, but I've heard some summer rumblings already, so I'm going to announce that an event cache will be held in Port Townsend on June 26 or 27.

It will feature a multi cache romp around town. This multi will be of a highly temporary nature, just up long enough for the participants to pass by, so I'll be presenting waypoints in an unusual, hopefully silly manner.

Dinner will follow.

I'll put up a link to the cache page when it's ready. Everybody's invited!

I know it's early to start advertising this, but I've heard some summer rumblings already, so I'm going to announce that an event cache will be held in Port Townsend on June 26 or 27.

It will feature a multi cache romp around town. This multi will be of a highly temporary nature, just up long enough for the participants to pass by, so I'll be presenting waypoints in an unusual, hopefully silly manner.

Dinner will follow.

I'll put up a link to the cache page when it's ready. Everybody's invited!

I've been dieing to get back over to your area to do some more caching ever since Shunra brough us over earlier this spring for his "Wading for Eraseek" event. I didn't even make a small dent in the area caches that weekend.

This sounded like the perfect opportunity until I realized that this is the same weekend as the Portland Cache Machine.

So many caches..... so little time :D

I was telling bumblings the other day how astonished I was to see how many caches had went up in Port Townsend since I cleaned out the area last summer. I was taking the ferry to Whidbey and glanced at the GPSr and there were a whole lot more waypoint markers than I expected.

I'm going to try and make it up, but my summer weekend plans usually seem to revolve around backpacking or work.

Well, this is an event that just begs for a Wacko, so we don't want to lose him to the Portland cache machine. The weekend after is running into the 4th of July, so that won't work. That leaves maybe June 19 or 20. Is a Saturday better, because there's no work the next day?

I'll offer up Saturday, June 19th; or Sunday the 27th for Shunra if we can convince RWW to come.

Well, this is an event that just begs for a Wacko, so we don't want to lose him to the Portland cache machine. The weekend after is running into the 4th of July, so that won't work. That leaves maybe June 19 or 20. Is a Saturday better, because there's no work the next day?

I'll offer up Saturday, June 19th; or Sunday the 27th for Shunra if we can convince RWW to come.

Oh I will be there unless there is a major disaster preventing it. July 9th and 10th the WSGA will be sponsoring a campout in the Palmer-Kanasket State park near Enumclaw, so you might want to work around that also.

You heard it here first..... I'll be posting the official announcement for that event a bit later. We are just waiting for the board to approve our selection.

Edited by Right Wing Wacko
Is the 19th better for you, RWW, or do you want to help Shunra celebrate? The fate of the date lies in your hands at the moment. Pick a day it won't rain, ok?

Any day is fine with me! :D

Wow, cool to have you here again!

You could basically come up from Portland after the event there, as this is almost on your way home, give or take a ferry. You could even bring the rest of the machiners with you!

You see, I've never done a cache machine, and don't have any idea what kind of draw a cache machine in Portland might be for local cachers. If it means that cachers who might like to come here couldn't, or wouldn't, I'd be glad to change the date. June 19th is currently the best alternative date. Shout Yea! or Nay!

June 26 and 27 is also the annual ARRL field day for amateur radio operators. Many geocachers are also "ham" radio operators. I am not sure how many would be involved with field day. It is an event that my local Bremerton Radio Club needs me and my portable station. Dick, W7WT from Bremerton.

The 19th is fine with me, too.

It already sounds great: some people I've been wanting to meet for a long time, and some people I look forward to meeting again.

On the 27th I'll celebrate in private. (I might swim to the San Juans or something... just kidding)