Hint Decoder for Palm

OB Jets

Ok i give. Has anyone else gotten the hint decoder found on the links page to work? I can download it but am unable to add it whenever i sync my palm. Already updated the Palm softwear, and dl all three dif types of files, all to no avail. Note it does not show as a file type on the add on screen. thanks Objets

do yourself a favor. go to smittyware.com and get CacheMate for $6. it'll carry your pocket queries and has a built-in decoder for the hints page. you'll have separate pages to log your visit to help you remember when you get home. at $6 it's WELL worth it. I've been using it for a month now and it works very well. it even comes with a program to convert the GPX file you get from pocket queries into a palm file for easy syncing.

~robert

Notice: Driver carries less than $20 cache.

Please humor me a little since I'm not there to see what you are doing.

1) you downloaded the zip file

2) opened it in a directory

3) double clicked on the "PRC" file using windows explorer to get the Palm sych program running

4) saw the file listed in the window and clicked "Done"

5) then pushed the sych button on the cradle

6) looked in the "ALL" directory on the Palm to see the icon.

Does this sound like what you have done?

I'm not Lost, my GPS says I'm right here....no over here......no over here.

Yes, I downloaded the hint decoder and was able to install it to a Palm III with no problems.

Since then, I've switched to using GPX Spinner and Plucker and haven't needed it.

Take a look at those programs and you'll probably agree. If not, try downloading again and installing again (looking for hte .prc file of course). I know this sounds like simple advice, but I had to do this 3 times to get Plucker to work right.

What & where are you trying to d/l? I have tried several from handango.com and have no probs.

Try renaming the .pgz to .zip or open the .pgz with your un-zipper. Maybe gzip renamed it that.

But, Kealia is correct about Plucker!

[This message was edited by O'Clan on August 11, 2003 at 07:19 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by O'Clan:

What & where are you trying to d/l? I have tried several from handango.com and have no probs. Try renaming the .pgz to .zip or open the .pgz with your un-zipper. Maybe gzip renamed it that.

Sounds like a PalmGear StreamLync download. Those are basically ZIP files (so the renaming will work), but have a different extension so they'll trigger the StreamLync software if it's installed.