Garmin Gpsmap 76s

Hi all,

For those of you geocachers with a 76S, I have a question. Are there multi part caches that require a cacher to find the first part by coordinates and the next part by a distance combined with the direction in degrees? If so, is the 76S able to accomplish this--I have tried to figure this out to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

John

From any existing waypoint (in the edit waypoint screen menu) you should be able to "project" a waypoint. That brings up an option for a heading (in degrees) and distance from any established waypoint.

I don't know if there are any caches that require this, but I wouldn't be suprised.

I've done a few caches like that around here; as long as the computations aren't extremely detailed (i.e. having you travel mundreds of miles at a very specific bearing) I think pretty much any GPSr will do those calculations for you. From my experience, the Map76S will do them, as will the Garmin Vista, Magellan Meridian and SporTrak Map, and just about any other good GPSr.