Your Favorite Outdoor Gear Sale Site

Criminal

Spring is here, spring is here!

I know you’re getting tired of going out and bagging 32 micros in an afternoon, or sitting behind your computer faking those virtual whatevers, so hit the trail and log one cache after an entire day’s work! Now’s the best time to pick up all that hiking gear you’ll need for those deep woods caches, or get some winter stuff for next year real cheap. Here’s a few links to closeout and sale websites. Please post your favorites if you don’t see them mentioned.

The REI Outlet This is my favorite.

Seirra Trading Post Seems to have pretty much the same as REI.

Back Country Store Never tried these folks.

REI is definately one of my favorites. I remember back in the late 70's going down to the Carson, CA store for the end of season sale on used and new equipment. A group of us would go down the store after closing time on the night before the sale waiting till they opened in the morning just so I could be among the first inline through the door. I still like REI today but not to the same extreme.

Sierra Trading Post is my favorite. They have excellent prices for outdoor stuff. They deal in closeouts, overstocks and irregulars and you can find gear for half, to 3/4 off MSRP. LL Bean is another favorite. They have a bad rep for being expensive and a lot of their stuff is, but I find their outdoor gear to be great values. I have their #2 dome tent and it's lasted through many years of backpacking trips. The thing is bomb proof. It is, for the money, probably the best tent going. Their Cresta Hiker boots are great (if they fit your feet) too and their customer service and product guarantee is legendary.

Then there is Campmor. They have everything you can imagine for the outdoors and things that you never knew you needed. I'm lucky in that their only store is a half hour from my house, but their online catalog is full of great stuff.

Edited by briansnat