Lahontan Apologizes For Mistakes Listing Caches

lahontan

I made some unacceptable mistakes listing two new caches today. First, I made a final edit to the "Ginkgo" cache before I left my house but I did not view the webpage for the cache after the edit. Some how I deleted the entire text needed to solve for the final location.

Secondly, I initially posted a poor rating for Bison Herd # 4 that could be misleading.

I apologize to anyone who looked for these caches before I corrected them. I will make sure this does not happen again.

You've got nothing to apologize for! I can't begin to count the number of times I've messed up my cache pages. (Anybody remember the first couple of days of my Leonardo's Templates series? :rolleyes:)

While I may have been cursing your name at Bison #4 <_<, the ratings weren't really that far off - it's not like you rated a 4 star a 1. As for the difficulty rating, I find that my no finds tend to run in streaks - I seem to get more rigid in my thinking as I meet with more failure. I'm sure that helped make Bison #4 so difficult for me. I know better than to expect to be able to just walk right up to a 1.5 difficulty cache.

Nice locations on your caches, by the way - the view from Highlands Hullabaloo was spectacular today (even though I couldn't find that one either!).

Okay, everything seems to be in order now so that the cache pages are correct. How embarrassing! I just wanted to place this post up as soon as I was aware of the problem so anyone who might be going out for a lunch time or afternoon cache would hopefully see the posting and head some where else.

No big deal. You fixed the problem.

It seems to me as I remember there are/where a few cache's out there that the owner would not fix.

I had a 15 mile, 11 stage projection hunt that I screwed up ALL the hints for.

And I would venture to bet this is not the last time you make a mistake. Well, unless you quite the game. But then again, that would also be a mistake.

And if you want to make Moun10Bike happy, just stick an ammo can out in a Devils Club patch. :rolleyes: With the wrong numbers on it to make it interesting. :D

logscaler.

When we first started caching and I was jumping headlong into the world of HTML, I figured out how to do an image background, but didn't realize that you shouldn't just link to a cool .jpg on someone else's website. The owner of said website turned the graphic into a flashing skull and crossbones after a few weeks, and I hadn't looked at the cache page so I had no idea my entire background was this awful flashing thing. I did eventually get a note put on the cache page by a passing-cache-page-surfer that simply said "the background on this page is quite disturbing". LOL!

Be careful what ya lank to!

Looks like I made a bad one this week, I Believe in Angles. Puzzle was ok, and coords were close I think, but the container didn't stick around long enough for the hunt to get started. I blame gravity. And possbly that weird storm we had yesterday.

I replaced it, but now there's a potential FTF controversy.

My apologies to this morning's searchers.