Organizing An Event In Switzerland, The Best Way?

Gaillard_family

hello,

After several month geocaching over Europe, and especially in the french speaking part of switzerland, I would like to meet the geocachers of my region orginizing an event. What is the best formula? a barbecue at a given location? what kind of activities make an event a success?

Please if you have already organized such an event let me know what are the do and dont!

thanks in advance!

Julien

Food is usually a good way to get people to come. Provide the main course, and let others bring the rest (side items, drinks, etc.) Some sort of game/cache hunt is another good thing - you can set up some caches in the area of the event for people to find while they're there.

In my area, often times the event coordinator will bring a cache container and log book, and everyone else brings something to put in the cache. Then the coordinator (or someone else who volunteers) can hide the cache somewhere near the area and post it on gc.com.

Hi julien,

Think about creating events with easy activities suitable for all kind of people and ages, and think about kids, in the two events created in Spain kids from all teams loves searching a cache together and share all the new toys of a cache.

A barbecue it is a great idea, also visit museums.

In the event of this year I am proposing playing a Capture-the-Flag.

I recommend to chose a nice place near to mayor cities, Some people we haven't a Defender to travel far :rolleyes:

Edited by garri