Mining Your Own Caches

I was just thinking, if someone left something in one of your own caches that you wanted, would you go and retrieve it ? Obviously you'd replace it with something in time honoured fashion.

I realise travel bugs can be picked up to be moved on quickly, but what about the other things ??

I was just thinking, if someone left something in one of your own caches that you wanted, would you go and retrieve it ? Obviously you'd replace it with something in time honoured fashion.

Why not?

You provided all the stuff in the first place, so if you're getting technical, you shouldn't even have to swap for it.

Swapping stuff from your own cache sounds fine to me.

Cheers,

Stu

Why not?

Huh! :rolleyes:

My nearest cache is one I set and is 25 ft from my front door at the bottom of my garden.

There was a T&J bear in it for 4 weeks a couple of years ago :unsure::back:<_< , and I did not own a T&J bear then :tongue: .

But mindful of my limited reputation I left it there and it was months until I found another..........The family owns 4 now I think :mad::o

I archived one of my caches, I'm just waiting until I can open it again. It's now in a smaller container. I paid for the original contents so I kept everything that was in it, for later swaps. The way I looked at it was that it was my cache so everything inside it (except for TB's) belonged to me. So I say go ahead and take what you want. If you have something to put back in place of it. Then even better.

The reason I ask is someone has just left a fake (plastic) GPS in my first cache

Gosh - that would be just the thing to leave on the dashboard of your car when you park it - and then take bets on how long before someone breaks in!

:D

I agree with all who see no reason not to take from your own cache, provided it is on a swap basis and that you only log a note.