Thanks Magellan

Just wanted to say THANKS to Magellan, and encourage ANYONE looking for a GPS to buy a Magellan product. Recently on a trip geocaching, I dropped my Meridian Platinum. It went crazy, and so I called Magellan, and sent it in to be repaired. I sent it in last Friday, and received it back today. Not only is it fixed, they sent me a Vehicle mounting bracket back with my repaired GPSr. All in all it cost me the price of shipping and insurance.

THANKS MAGELLAN!!!!!

I promise I won't drop it again!!!

Rusty

Just goes to show how wimpy magellans are, I couldn't tell you how many times I've dropped my garmin, and I mean hard, like holding it out the window to get a quicker sat. lock while your driving hard. And shes working as good as the day I got her. Nah just kidding B) But I'm sure Garmin would do the same or better.

Over many hours of complex, deep thought processes I have finally reached the decision that Garmins and Magellans are not really that different, but I'll still never buy a Magellan :mad:

Edited by coolclay

Thats cool, to each his own I guess, I have always preferred Magellan. Its what I started with and its what I will continue to use. As for dropping it, I didn't drop it out in the woods, it was on concrete as I was trying to change the batteries while pumping gas. I guess its true I can't do two things at once :mad:

Thats cool, to each his own I guess, I have always preferred Magellan. Its what I started with and its what I will continue to use. As for dropping it, I didn't drop it out in the woods, it was on concrete as I was trying to change the batteries while pumping gas. I guess its true I can't do two things at once <_<

:rolleyes:

Geez, were you smoking a cigarette too???? That sounds awful dangerous!

Here in Canada they freak out if you answer your cell phone while pumping gas, nevermind changing batteries in your GPS.

Sounds like Magellan treated you well, good to hear. I will stick with my Garmins, they treat me well also.

I think of it like same sex marriage. It may be alright for some people, and to each their own, but for me I prefer to stick to what I believe in, good old american technology, and marrying the opposite sex.

CP (quickly ducking to avoid the flaming that is SURE to come from this post)

Just goes to show how wimpy magellans are, I couldn't tell you how many times I've dropped my garmin, and I mean hard, like holding it out the window to get a quicker sat. lock while your driving hard. And shes working as good as the day I got her. Nah just kidding <_< But I'm sure Garmin would do the same or better.

Over many hours of complex, deep thought processes I have finally reached the decision that Garmins and Magellans are not really that different, but I'll still never buy a Magellan :rolleyes:

My MeriPlat bounced off the top of my jeep at 25-30 MPH and bounced onto a downhill road, and only received a scuff on the armor. You can't call that wimpy. Aside from the button backlight going out sometime late last year, this unit has been top notch.