Newbie Question: Waypoints

Guest Growley

Guest Growley

O.K., just got my eTrex Legend yesterday and I'm ready to go caching however, got a question (with may more to follow, Im sure). On the cache page that I am looking at, it says "Use Waypoint: GC30B". Is this just a "name" to give the waypoint once I enter the lat/lon OR is this something I can enter that will automatically put in the lat/lon's? Thanks.

------------------

Guest bob_renner

It's just a name that can be used to distinguish the waypoint from others. However, you will probably want to get software to manage your waypoints rather than manually entering them. Geocaching.com has teamed up with Topographix and they have a program EasyGPS which you can download for free. You can then download the waypoint into the EasyGPS program and transfer it to the Legend without ever entering the numbers manually.

Bob

Guest sivad

Yes having easygps or expertgps will help alot in keeping up with your waypoints. It really helps me keeping up with my tracks. After I put them into easygps I edit the names to help me know what they are to when I look for them on my gps.

"For all that wander are not lost...for we have gps in hand.... icon_smile.gif

Guest sivad

Yes having easygps or expertgps will help alot in keeping up with your waypoints. It really helps me keeping up with my tracks. After I put them into easygps I edit the names to help me know what they are to when I look for them on my gps.

"For all that wander are not lost...for we have gps in hand.... icon_smile.gif