Arkansas And Texas Cachers

Jamie Z

Hey All,

I'm writing from Memphis, Tennessee. If you've read this thread, you may already be aware of my upcoming trip across the region.

On or within a day or two of May 2, I will be leaving my house on my way to Los Angeles, with only me and my bike (and some light gear).

I've mapped out my route and the nearby geocaches, but I don't know where the cachers live! I'd like the chance to meet some of you on the way. I'd like the opportunity to hunt for some caches together.

Also, I'm looking for a few people who would be willing to be my host, as it would be nice to sleep under a roof and have a shower now and then.

Below is posted my tentative route. If you live reasonably close to this route (riding distance, i.e. a few miles), would like to meet up for a cache or two, and/or have a couch or floor space you could offer, please email me, or post a reply. It will be much appreciated.

Arkansas: May 2-May 6

routeAR.jpg

Texas: May 6-May 14

routeTX.jpg

Dates are approximate, as I have no set schedule, other than I need to be to LA before June 3 or 4.

See ya in a few weeks.

Jamie

Jamie,

Your biking adventure sounds very exciting, as does your trip down the Yangtze in China!!

We would definitely like to show you some Texas hospitality as you pass through north Texas, if we can figure out when you will be here. I posted the idea on texasgeocaching.com, and cachers as far away as Houston have expressed an interest in showing up for such an event. You should already have an e-mail from me. Contact me and let's talk details.

Wow that sounds like a cool trip, Too bad you are cutting Southwest out of Little Rock, just East of Fort Smith here, and would be glad to go caching, or give you a place to sleep for the night. My Sister and Brother in Law live on I-30 not too far out of Little Rock, I'll tell them about your adventure and see what they have to say, good luck and be safe!!!

Bumping this up once more.

My departure date is only a few days away. I'll be attending an event in Texas, will get to meet some cachers near Phoenix, and may have a cacher BBQ in LA.

I'd like to meet and cache with other cachers more often. So again, I ask that anyone who lives near my route and is interested in getting together for a beer or a cache or both, let me know soon. I'll be on the road May 2.

See my first post in this topic for more info and maps of my intended route.

Jamie

Edited by Jamie Z

Help welcome Jamie to Texas....PacifiQuest Comes to Texas, GCJAD0, with Tex-Mex and margaritas, Saturday night, May 8, 6 pm. His knee has been giving him problems the past several days, so perhaps we can give him some encouragement to help keep him moving westward.

Click here to see e-mail updates and a map of Jamie's progress to date.

Edited by alchemist2000

Good Luck Jamie!! Your strength and dedication is an inspiration. Since I am not getting a summer vacation this year, I will just have to take one vicariously through your adventure. It was great to meet you and I look forward to your stories.

Tstar

Congrats Jamie! I had the pleasure of meeting you at your final destination in Southern California. I hope your adventures in China are as successful as PacifiQuest. May the wind stay at your back, and your head above water! :unsure:

Edited by Woof!