Cacher Of The Month Table

Deego

Doesn't really matter what you get as Semi-Retired Seasider will still be at the top of the list :blink:

Well, unless he's stacking up the logs to do later, I make it somewhere around 170 points plus hides and bugs.

He hasn't logged any trigs this month, and he'd have a long way to go to find caches he hasn't found yet. So, perhaps we're all in with a chance this month

B):mad::lol:

I've updated my caching logs and will update my trigs later on!! :lol:

I'm just over 1000 points at the moment with the Manx Mission to come this week - possibly a Yorkshire Yomp on Friday followed by a cache & trig frenzy in Wales over the bank holiday weekend - so another 2000+ month is on the cards!

For everyone hunting the No 1 spot the good news is that I start back to work very soon and this will definitely be my last active month for some considerable time to come!! B)

Cheers!

Seasider

55th out of 55, certainly room for improvement. I did get hooked on this during my final exams, that's a good enough excuse. Did these caches during my study breaks.... Hope I don't go and fail them cos of caching. Should do better now that I have much more free time on my hands at weekends (No more head in the books). Can't quite see me at the top of the heap though.

:tongue:

I am now taking entry's for MAY CoTM . If you have entered using the online form to enter this month, Then please send them again by email I have not received any via the online form ;) and cant see why ;) ;)

Brian

Hi Deego

I just emailed my stats for May to your email address on the geocacheuk.com cacher of the month web page.

(I just had a look at the Ben Nevis pics on your personal web page. My profile pic is of hubby and me on top of Ben Nevis in May 2001. Sorry it's such a small pic - I haven't yet worked out how to make it appear bigger - but if you click on it in my profile on geocaching.com, it opens it to full page size so you can see it better ;) There was plenty of snow up there even at the end of May!)

If you have entered using the online form to enter this month, Then please send them again by email I have not received any via the online form ;) and cant see why ;) ;)

Brian

You mean I have to add them all up again?..... hehe.

If you have entered using the online form to enter this month, Then please send them again by email I have not received any via the online form ;) and cant see why ;) ;)

Brian

You mean I have to add them all up again?..... hehe.

You Should not do so many then ;);) . I can nearly count my caches for May on my hands ;);)

Sorry again :D

Brian

We have just sent in our entry, and are hoping for a top 5 finish for our first full month of caching. :lol:

We know of at least one person who has beaten us (hmmm, I wonder who that could be!)

Our position will depend on how many finds and hides a certain Mr Volvo Man is sitting on.

Pengy & Tigger

We have just sent in our entry, and are hoping for a top 5 finish for our first full month of caching. :lol:

We know of at least one person who has beaten us (hmmm, I wonder who that could be!)

I was hoping for a top 5 as well. I know for a fact that you have beaten me... I think. Still, whatever happens, it was fun doing them. I can't see me doing that many in a month again for a while... until I go for it again <_<

Stuey,

I think we may have but only just. I've just had a quick look at your profile and you should have a 4 figure score which I reckon should be good enough for a top 5 finish.

By the way, does anyone know of an easy way to find out how many bugs another cacher has picked up in a month, other than clicking on each bug they have found to note the dates?

Caches found and hidden are in date order, as are trigs, so that's easy enough. Bugs are sorted either alphabetically or by last log date for the bug, not that user. Any suggestions?

P&T

Bit of a low turn out this month. If you sent it via the online form please re send it. Sorry (Bloody php <_< )

I have sent out e-mails to people I have address for. but if your not on the list your not in.

Brian

List as of 9.24pm 08/06/04

Pyoung1s/Domheknows/pharsiee/Rev n Doc/John Stead/Leoness/Stuey/Haggis Hunter/dogastus/Simply Paul/Firth of Forth/Snaik/Cave Troll & Joan/Pengy&Tigger/minstrelcat/68 Guns/haywood hornet/mady/jochta/wildtrekker/philimoreclan/Daisy&me/G force/S&G

With work commitments (being out on the lash last night :) ) and other hectic things in my life. the CoTM table will be a few days late. I am trying to get it out by Friday night, sorry for the delay. Will be closing the entry's from tonight (Wed). All the people in the above post along with the people in the list below are entered, so if your not on the list its your last chance :)

Thanks again to everybody that entered

Brian

G Force/Daisy&me/dankill/The Bramblers/choccymandm/Bradonline.co.uk/BK + SB/aRRKS/sparticus/PurplePenguin/Mongoose 39uk/Dan Wilson/JackieC/volvoman/milvus-milvus/Jenwen and Bingo/seasider/markandlynn

trigpoints are just extra points for cotm :-)

Personally I think that is all they are as a lot of the time they dont even seem to be on the top of the hill and they often don't have any details for the mere mortals who have climbed the hill as to how high they are etc. They do make a navigation aid though.

ps - way to go pyoung1's for knocking seasider off...I was actually pleased with my results i sent in - and then only got 28th! Good job its not about the numbers.

We are surprised to be as high as 29th now if I bother to log the trigpoints we always ignore (its not about the numbers) we may rise a couple of places. Well done pyoung1s nice that you did one of our caches for the June figures.

Bah! Down from 12th to 22nd this month. I need to take my friends advice and get out more. :huh: Congratulations to Mr. Young and everyone for taking part. Special thanks to Deego for all his hard work to bring these stats to us! Cheers dude!

SP :huh:

P.S. Does anyone like my Avitar? I just got it to work at long last.

Edited for laptop keyboard effect. My desktop has kicked the eBucket. :(

Edited by Simply Paul

There has been a few comments about trigpoints. Maybe they should be dropped if nobody wants them. I personaly enjoy them (as well as working for the T:UK site) maybe a poll is needed to see what people want, after all I do the table to give people a idea what everybody else is doing, as well as it being a bit of fun.

There has been a few comments about trigpoints. Maybe they should be dropped if nobody wants them. I personaly enjoy them (as well as working for the T:UK site) maybe a poll is needed to see what people want, after all I do the table to give people a idea what everybody else is doing, as well as it being a bit of fun.

Thanks Deego for all your hard work, i also like trig points, it an alternative as not all us have area's saturated in cache's, again thanks :huh:

Just to add to the trigpoint debate, it seems that most cachers don't do trigpoints. Personally, we will do them if they are nearby a cache or en route to one, but we don't go specifically for them. I don't find them as much fun, as most of them do not really involve a hunt as such.(I say 'most' as I know some of them are challenging)

I can, however, appreciate that they give something to find in those areas that are not so cache dense or for people who have already found all the caches in their area. Perhaps a compromise would be to keep them in, but change the points score for a trig?

That's my 2 penneth anyway.

Tigger

Well, my vote says, there should be a seperate Trigger of the month award (from DelBoy). I'm not knocking Trigpointing, but it's a seperate sport, a bit like F1 & Le Mans, Same level, diferent sport.

Having just logged my 200th trigpoint it goes without saying that I would like them to stay in! Locating trigpoints adds to the enjoyment of venturing out into the countryside as there are some excellent views to be had from them. (I don't accept the arguement, what views at two o'clock in the morning!)

A few moments later...

Just seen the results for May! Hooray for travel bugs! Many thanks to my little friends!

Oh, by the way, Manchester International Airport Travel Bug Exchange cache coming online soon!

Edited by Pyoung1s

I see nothing wrong with trigpoints either and like to bag them if I spot one en-route to a cache although i'm too lazy to go hunting for trigpoints just by themselves - thats precious caching time :-)

As to the view at 2am in the morning, its normally the same view at 2pm in the afternoon with Britains cloudy/misty weather

(above is tongue in cheek as i've enjoyed the trigs that I have done.)

I'm not knocking Trigpointing.........

I am :bad:. It's not like they're exactly difficult to spot, or get the details of to be honest :)

I don't mind though, the UK cacher of the month table is an extra bonus provided by Deego and GC:UK, so it's up to him to decide how it works really :)

I'm not knocking Trigpointing.........

I am :). It's not like they're exactly difficult to spot, or get the details of to be honest B)

I don't mind though, the UK cacher of the month table is an extra bonus provided by Deego and GC:UK, so it's up to him to decide how it works really :bad:

Who's said there easy to get to took me an hour to get to this one, it only about 130 metres from a road Shannoch :)

Just done it Tonight Soaked to the skin feel great

EDTI: Splel chick KO!

Edited by Snaik

B):)B):bad::(

Yeah 6th place, can't be bad

Wont be so good this month though :) , or probably most months.

As for trigs we only tend to do them if we stumble across them. I recon that they should count but for much less points, as they are generally much much easier than caches to find. Suppose we could go one step further and count difficulty stars to award points on caches, but then again probably far to complicated.