Cacher Of The Month Table

Deego

The league table is only a recent thing for me, but despite my meagre points I look forward imensely to getting into the top 50! Ulium would have beaten me I expect, so I would say, let Ulium to be angry and not enter! (Ooh, am I too competitive sometimes?).

As Deego has kept a dignified silence I would say that the top figures in each category are highlighted as a reward for more focused endeavor.

I'm happy with the current format - the only thing I would add is a weight category where your points score is increased by your %age body fat. I reckon I could beat a few superstars then!

:):o:o:):D:D:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ah Kitty Hawk :)

be assured Ullium is not angry with anyone or anything :o:D:D

I am just exercising my common sense...and I have nothing against anyone who disagrees with me....that is their right .... as is mine to disagree with them :)

I'm happy with the current format - the only thing I would add is a weight category where your points score is increased by your %age body fat. I reckon I could beat a few superstars then!

me too btw !!!

:D:D:D:D

Sorry Tigger I didn't mean to 'rant' :D

just posted an after thought to a suggestion and got what appeared to me a strange reaction...not realising this subject had been raised previously :o

(though I would hardly have described it as 'done to death' :D ).

And my reasons for withdrawing my future entry to the tables has more to do with this emotional reaction I seem to have unwittingly stirred up...than to do with my objection of the inclusion of TB's ... and the proof of that is I have entered twice before and again this last month! :)

Ullium.

Edited by Ullium

And my reasons for withdrawing my future entry to the tables has more to do with this emotional reaction I seem to have unwittingly stirred up...than to do with my objection of the inclusion of TB's ... and the proof of that is I have entered twice before and again this last month! :)

Ullium.

:) Ulium , we are all friends here so please continue to enter if you wish. :D

Time we all had a big hug :D:o:o

Ulium - I'm not judging you, nor your opinion, nor the way you express it nor the way other people respond - I am just looking at my place on the league table.

However a league table is more valid the larger it is so it would benefit from your entry. Go on, keep entering and ignore the trigs column, (just as I will add 40% to my score for my weight disadvantage) - some cachers will be at the top, some will be at the bottom. The more who enter, the more fun it is for us competitive 'stats monkeys'.

If course, if I am 51st this month....

:o

And my reasons for withdrawing my future entry to the tables has more to do with this emotional reaction I seem to have unwittingly stirred up...than to do with my objection of the inclusion of TB's ... and the proof of that is I have entered twice before and again this last month!  :)

Ullium.

:) Ulium , we are all friends here so please continue to enter if you wish. :D

Time we all had a big hug :D:):D

I'm not opposed to that suggestion CT & Joan :D

:o:o:D:D:D

Ullium.

Ullium, I will remove your entry for this October if you wish?

I am sorry you feel so strongly against the inclusion of trigpoints that you had to vocalise your concern on the forums, rather than just not entering next month. But You are fully entitled to your opinion as is everyone else. I find it very hard to please everyone :o even though I wish I could :o

As I have said before, I set up the table to add a bit of fun (and Information) to those who wanted it and I felt justified adding trigpoints, as geocaching.com also record US benchmarks, so there must be some similarity in hunting a cache and finding a trigpoint.

I never intented to trick people into entering and I have no plans to change the table or the scoring till January at the earliest (if at all). So I thank you for entering in the past :)

I also want to thank everyone else who has posted support :):D and I am going to see Joan for my big hug now :D

Brian (Deego)

Hi Deego,

I am sorry you feel so strongly against the inclusion of trigpoints that you had to vocalise your concern on the forums, rather than just not entering next month.

the thing is... I didn't feel all that strongly against the inclusion of trigpoints otherwise why post my stats in the first place and also in the same post would I have suggested something to encourage newbies to enter their's??

It was unfortunate that I hadn't read the previous comments on the subject ...otherwise I wouldn't have commented at all !!! Not quite silence at any price .... but I would have suspected I was in danger of touching a raw nerve with some cachers.

I only reacted to the response I received by my throw away postscript....and was surprised no one commented on my previous suggestions....even you kinda skipped around it and changed the subject :)

Of course when pushed I defended my reasoning...not just by saying 'it's all meant to be good fun' ... but by reasoned non emotional argument!

Anyone who knows me will attest that I am very much up for a bit of good fun and would be the last to attempt to detract from anyone else's idea of 'good fun'....albeit that it's not at the expense of others....and in this case I wasn't really all that perturbed.

And even when I was more than willing to draw a line under the whole subject .... more and more people kept coming back at me!!

Unfortunately ... yes...please withdraw my stats for this month (such as they are mark you :o ) ... with no hard feelings on either side I hope :o

Ullium.

Stats sent for October, our lowest score yet, but hey Winter is coming so the tree cover will diminish, think of all those easy cache finds!!!

Yeah and as Sunday proved you will be up to your eyes in mud and soaked through to the skin. I can recommend a flask of piping hot home made minestrone waiting for you in the cachemobile though :anibad:

geocaching.com also record US benchmarks, so there must be some similarity in hunting a cache and finding a trigpoint.

They are not similar they are exactly the same thing. The only reason that I can see why we can't log trigpoints onto GC.com is that they don't have access to the data base likeTP:UK has. If we had, then logging trigpoints would be exactly the same for us as it is for cachers in the USA. If I ever go to the USA I would hopefully bag a benchmark and have it included in my finds for COTM, as it would then show up on my GC.com stats.

The service that TP:UK has provided is one that GC.com has failed for us but gives to US cachers.

geocaching.com also record US benchmarks, so there must be some similarity in hunting a cache and finding a trigpoint.

They are not similar they are exactly the same thing. The only reason that I can see why we can't log trigpoints onto GC.com is that they don't have access to the data base likeTP:UK has. If we had, then logging trigpoints would be exactly the same for us as it is for cachers in the USA. If I ever go to the USA I would hopefully bag a benchmark and have it included in my finds for COTM, as it would then show up on my GC.com stats.

The service that TP:UK has provided is one that GC.com has failed for us but gives to US cachers.

Could it be that maybe UK geocaching.com dont quite agree with our US cousins on this issue :laughing:

Personally I see TP in the similar vein to locationless caches ... and I see that these type of caches are being re-thought at the moment :P

Ullium.

Two months to go to the end of 2004 COTM. Who will come out supreme cacher of the year?! Let's set the scene as at the end of Oct:

Myself 12010 and 2050 pts clear of Seasider on 9960. Is it a two horse race (will John get off the IOW alive?!)?! So who's in contention?

Pengy & Tigger on 7530 are trailing top spot by 4480. It's possible providing both myself and John don't make it back from the IOW! The girls are too honest to attempt concurrent caching!

The Haywood Hornet on 6620 is down 5390 but for a Geography teacher who doesn't know east from west (sorry Ian but you did log it!) what hope has he got?!

aRRKs are keeping pace on 6480 but 5530 down keeping pace will not be good enough! They're pretty sharp with the FTFs but it can be somewhat frustrating to spend hours trying to ensure an FTF to find a pair of sneaky sods have engineered a stealth FTF by delaying making the log entry on the cache listing! Oh, its so frustrating!! As the cliche goes, they'll need to raise there game!

Volvo Man's continual slide southwards has brought Subarite up (OK, your 740 Oct pts did help!) but what about Purple Penguin?! Just out of the top 10 at end of Sep leaps up 3 places. Is this a cacher on a mission?!

Pharisee is 7890 pts behind top down in 9th, so is this the highest he will get this year?!

Holding up the top 10 is Jessex who appears to have taken a liking to being in 10th!

Try not to get too excited and, as they say on Crimewatch UK, please don't have nightmares! Come to think of it, we'll soon know who's on a mission when the night finds start coming in!

:laughing: I am quite happy being in the middle last month but will be bringing up the bottom for November after a month of ill health. Am reseving last spot!!!!

As far as the year goes in the middle suits me fine.

Ullium...if you climb a hill/mountain to log a cache and a trig you deserve to get both! Hills are killers for me and if I can get 2 for the price of 1 it adds extra momentum :lol::ph34r:

Lynn

Hope the answer is yes as I've claimed them in the past the same just as I have jeeps. They are all listed under the travel bug system. And, they have a TB waypoint and they are added to your inventory. Note, I didn't claim the two Canadian coins I picked up in Scotland!

Ullium...if you climb a hill/mountain to log a cache and a trig you deserve to get both! Hills are killers for me and if I can get 2 for the price of 1 it adds extra momentum :ph34r::laughing:

Lynn

Hi Lynn :lol:

I think you must have missed the bit where I said I fully intend to bag trigs sometime in the future....when both Angela and I have improved our general fitness enough to confidently take on this sport :huh:

Everyone seems to have the idea that I have something against Trig Pointing ???

Let me assure you that this is not the case....my only slight crib was that I thought it strange to have this pastime mixed in with Geocaching....especially since it has it's own logging outlet, it's own website and it's own forum??

Ullium.