Thread Revival

I really hope someone picks one of mine. I really try and think about them before I post. They are either fun thread or picture thread for the most part. Here are a few of my favs of my own (blowing my own horn..sorry)

PICTURES - Geocaching Vehicle's Stuck

Pictures - Cool Cache Containers (ccc's)

Pictures - Hand On Chin Revival

A Little Smurfy Around Here!!

and the newest one Geocaching Flakes!!!

I hoped you all liked them. :D

Edited by AmishHacker

For some reason I am drawn to the controversial threads. You know, the ones where someone (I won't mention names) is just destined to get banned? I usually don't participate, just sit back and watch the show.

I guess its the same nature in all of us that has made Jerry Springer so successful. :D

For some reason I am drawn to the controversial threads. You know, the ones where someone (I won't mention names) is just destined to get banned? I usually don't participate, just sit back and watch the show.

I guess its the same nature in all of us that has made Jerry Springer so successful. ;)

Those are the ones I want to avoid on this thread.

Thank you. :D

The forum topics that stick in my memory the most are older ones.

Just a few weeks after I began geocaching and reading these forums, someone started this topic, basically questioning the validity of the caches found by uber-geocacher BruceS. There was just "no way" that anyone could find that many caches in such a short period of time. At that time, as an utter newbie, the best I could manage was four or five caches in a day. I was puzzled.

Then, BruceS posted to the thread and revealed how he organized and carried out a cache hunt. I call it "powercaching." It opened a whole new way of thinking for me: I could challenge myself to make big trips like this, too! I did my first such trip on Labor Day weekend of 2002, clearing out essentially every cache in 12 counties over two days. I've made several "numbers runs" since then. While I don't cache strictly for numbers, these marathon trips are great achievements as part of the mix of what makes geocaching cool for me. And I have that single forum post to point to as inspiration.

That topic also taught me some valuable lessons about these forums: First, never accuse someone of doing something unless you have facts or personal knowledge to back it up. Second, good things can come from a "bad" forum thread. We can all learn from adversity.

And I bet you thought I'd post about the birth of hamstercaching, or Mitsuko. Fooled ya!

T<edit.......>

And I bet you thought I'd post about the birth of hamstercaching, or Mitsuko.  Fooled ya!

Those threads were before my time, got links? They sound interesting. and just like what I'd hope to get from this topic.

Edited by rusty_tlc

Hamstercaching traces its roots to this post by my buddy Tonsil in a thread about signature items. I quickly followed up on it, and soon adopted the idea as a forum theme. Well, actually I stole it. 'Cause Tonsil is one funny dude and I'm just a little green man with no sense of humor.

Mitsuko? Summer 2002. You'd best do a search. You won't find any posts by her, but you'll find references and maybe a quote or two.

The best by far was the "Private Topic" thread in the old forums. A lot of good posts by Joefrog and others. All of which would blow the lid off our warn meters. :D

I have to agree. Joe Frog had some good ones there as did others.

My favorite all-time thread was the Goofus and Gallant go Geocaching thread. I have never laughed so hard in all of my life. As I'm typing this, my son says, "Oh, I remember that thread. That one was really funny."

He's twelve, so that thread related to a lot of different age groups.

I tried to do a markwell, but couldn't find it (Mopar? - little help here? :D ) - my favorite thread was the one in which a cache was impounded in a jail cell, with photos taken of it in custody. That was the thread that got me *lurking* every day.

For Team Encore, maybe this is the one...

Jail House Cache (AKA Butcher Hill Cache) by Vacman. Very funny! Classic!

In the thread: Compose the World's Worst - Possible logbook entry 11 posts down from the beginning.

Thanks Vacman!