Roundtrip Gas Cost To Nearest Unfound Cache?

The closest un-found cache (non-letter box hybrid, there's one 37 miles away as the crow flies) is a driving distance of 68.3 miles, a duration of 1h 40m.

At a mileage of 17 Mi/Gal City Driving & 27 Mi/Gal highway driving, and a gas cost of $1.89 / Gal... The total gas cost would be $4.99

(used MS Streets and Trips 2004, and a pocket query to find closest unfound)

I've been out of town for better than a month. Since I've been gone, a cache has been placed less than a mile from my home. When I get home, I'll probably ride my bike over to it. No gas cost to make the trip from my house. I wonder how much Jet A I'd have to buy to get it from here? :D

Boy I feel lucky. I have 6 caches that are with in 3 miles of my house, and 11 with in 5 miles all of these I haven't found. The nearest geocache is 1.5 mile from my house but 1 mile of the 1.5 is on a hiking trail so I'll be walking to it. ;) There are 10 pages of cashes that are under 15 miles from were I live. Wow am I lucky or what? :D "Gas"?

FTF's are very competitive here in San Diego. The closest unfound cache is E of Tijuana, Mexico (GCHCBB), about 38 miles away. At $2.11/gal., and 25mpg, that's about $3.21 each way. Factoring in an hour wait at the border to return, and one can see why these caches south of the border remain unfound. This one was placed 12/03.

The closest unfound cache to us in the states is 60 miles linear, or 85 miles via Mapsource autorouting.

The first page of caches (25) are all between .7 mi at the closest and 5.2 at the furthest. I am truly lucky. In addition these range from a 1,1 that I probably should get off my rear and get to a 3,3 that has had me scared for over a year because I hear that the rating makes it sound easier than it is.

Cost: walking distance-$0.49 for gas (5.2 miles/20 mpg * $1.89 per gal)