Garmin 60cs And Predicting Tides

runcer

There are two ways to get to tide charts on the 60C(S) that I know about:

1) [FIND] => Marine Points => Tide Station then select the station

or

2) From the map screen select the tide station you want and push [ENTR].

Here's what it looks like to select the Fort Sumter tide station and the tide cart for this station at 9:47 pm on April 19th.

139218.JPG

Note: I captured the screen shots from a GPSmap 60CS using Bluecharts and Tides and Marine Services (that comes with Bluecharts) using G7TOWIN.

After putting the tide map into the 60cs I seem to have lost the standard map that comes with the unit. My question is how can I get that standard map back into the unit? I confess that I am rough on how to deal with maps when it comes to the computer interface to the 60cs unit.

Joe :rolleyes:

After putting the tide map into the 60cs I seem to have lost the standard map that comes with the unit. My question is how can I get that standard map back into the unit?

You must mean the basemap. The tide data is most useful when you are also uploading other detailed maps (such as City Select), as the tide data contains no road data at all.

If you are not uploading detailed maps, though, I would recommend that you set your unit up to only display the basemap. Navigate to your map screen and press "Menu", then select "Setup Map". Move the cursor to the "Information" icon (the little i with a circle around it) and press "Menu" again. You will then see a menu allowing you to turn on and off various mapsets. If you select "Show None", you can then select "Show Basemap" which will allow you to show only the basemap. You will still be able to search on Tide Points and view their tide charts, but they will not display as points on the map.