Fictional Theme?

We have kicked around the idea of a Dark Tower (Stephen King's series) themed cache / series of caches for a few months now. We know pretty much how we want to do this and where everything will go. No theme on trade items, we are just using the story as inspiration for the hide.

I would like to gauge cacher interest in such a cache.

If you are or are not a King fan, would you hunt this cache? Any opinions about these types of caches?

Edited by Johnnie Stalkers

Go for it. I'm not particularly a King fan, but I've enjoyed my share of his books (not Dark Tower, though). If I lived closer to you I'd certainly go look for it. I've also thought and planned a fictional themed cache, but haven't just done it. Maybe some day.... :huh:

JS - if you make the cache then I have know doubt it will be a good one. If I lived in your neck of the woods, I would definitetly look for the cache. As far as Stephen King, I have read many of his books and liked them (The Stand, Shining, It, Carrie, Cujo, Firestarter, Needful Things, Salems Lot, ...just to name a few) however I did not get hooked on the Dark Tower series. Maybe someday I can pick it back up.

Having read the books will not be required, although there will be a few subtle things that fans of the series will understand and hopefully enjoy.

For those of you who have not read the series, it is a must read for a King fan. This is King's masterpiece and very likely the last bit of fiction he will publish. The last 2 books of the series are completed and due to be released this year.

I have read many of his books and liked them (The Stand, Shining, It, Carrie, Cujo, Firestarter, Needful Things, Salems Lot, ...just to name a few) however I did not get hooked on the Dark Tower series.

Looking at your list there, you've already unknowingly read at least two of them! :D

I like the series a lot and would love to do a cache based on it.

Have not read the books - toooo scary! It would be cool if the hunt were kinda scary too? :D

Pat

The Dark Tower series isn't really scary. More Shawshank Redemption than The Shinning. It is the ultimate cache hunt. Roland and his Ka-tet (group bound by destiny) are searching for the Dark Tower. I'll leave the rest up to your imaginations....you could always go read the books....hint hint.

As one of the avid readers that all but howled w/ frustration while waiting for freaking ever for #4 I'm foaming at the mouth for the Song of Savannah to hit the shelves. I would call out of work .. tell my family I was going to an abbey .. and revel in the hunt. Cast your nets, wanderers! Try me with your "caches", and let the contest begin.

Now if only you weren't in Midworld I'd have a chance to actually hunt them!

Edited by Red Clover