Geocaching Ring?

Those high school class rings companies could probably whip one out.

Actually, probably not. The company I work for has a high school ring division, a college ring division, and a jewlery/award division. The cost to make a die is extremely expensive, from what I am told, and most do not work on single ring jobs.

If geocaching.com contacted them though, and they would have hundreds of orders, it might be a different story.

Working with independent jewelry designers might be a better aproach.

Those high school class rings companies could probably whip one out.

Actually, probably not. The company I work for has a high school ring division, a college ring division, and a jewlery/award division. The cost to make a die is extremely expensive, from what I am told, and most do not work on single ring jobs.

If geocaching.com contacted them though, and they would have hundreds of orders, it might be a different story.

Working with independent jewelry designers might be a better aproach.

Hey now! No talking about ring jobs in this forum.... :huh:

ok, ok my bad....

I could just see it though - "I signed the log with my ring stamped in wax..."

Okay, this is not a commercial post.

My wife is a professional jeweler. She designs and repairs jewelry for a living. She has designed and produced rings for special groups. Since I was reading this thread, I decided to ask her about it. She said she could produce signet rings out of sterling silver for about $80.00 a piece, and with color (enameling type in the top) for a bit more. Again, I'm not trying to drum up business or anything, I just have access to the info. :D

Sounds cool. Can she make a gold ring? How much would that be? How long to get this done?

Well, she is still asleep, but I can answer some of this...Yes, she could make it out of gold...I suspect that the cost of that would depend on the price of gold at that point. The first one would take a couple of weeks I'd guess anyway... depending on the design used... wax has to be carved etc. ...design has to be approved... once she has a design, then it usually only takes about a week, I believe, to finish one.

Perhaps in addition to getting your self a ring, you could get your girl friend one!  :D

I was already thinking of that. Any idea what size ring Julie takes? ;)

Just my $0.02--but if you ask her for her ring size, and then deliver a geocaching ring (no matter how nice) you will be in soooo much trouble...

Perhaps in addition to getting your self a ring, you could get your girl friend one!  :D

I was already thinking of that. Any idea what size ring Julie takes? :(

Just my $0.02--but if you ask her for her ring size, and then deliver a geocaching ring (no matter how nice) you will be in soooo much trouble...

You have no idea ho much trouble I would be in! Squeaky Mouse IS my girlfriend and Julie is a good friend of hers!!!!

Will anyone be attending my funeral? :D

Make sure when you develop this ring that you don't violate the Groundspeak policy for use of the geocaching.com logo. I would love a geocaching signet type ring if I could just convince my wife that it is a necessary purchase. :(

According to the GC web site, I don't this will be a problem.

Non-commercial use

Groundspeak will hereby license the Groundspeak Geocaching logos for non-commercial products and non-commercial Web sites. In addition to complying with all of the following terms, any use of the logos requires an acknowledgement of their trademark status and, if the use is on a Web page, the logos must be used as a link to www.geocaching.com or www.Groundspeak.com. To request additional Groundspeak Geocaching Logo artwork, beyond that which is available here, please send email to logo@Groundspeak.com indicating where, how, and for what purpose you plan to use the image.

Acceptable non-commercial uses of the Groundspeak Geocaching Logos:

The Groundspeak Geocaching Logos may be used on non-commercial Web pages, where the context in which the Groundspeak Geocaching Logos is/are placed portrays Geocaching and Groundspeak in a positive light. You will need to include the following language in small text somewhere on the page where the Groundspeak Geocaching logo appears: "The Groundspeak Geocaching Logo is a trademark of Groundspeak, Inc. Used with permission." Please make the "Groundspeak, Inc." part of the statement a link to our home page (http://www.Groundspeak.com).

We are also willing to make allowances for those of you who have creative ideas and want to do something fun for your friends and fellow Geocachers. The Groundspeak Geocaching Logos may be used only on non-commercial items. These items may include, but are not limited to shirts, hats, coins, logbooks, stickers and cache containers. Additionally, the Groundspeak Geocaching logos may not be modified in any way. If the lifetime use of the design is less than 25 units, you may consider permission automatically granted. These items may not, under any circumstance, be sold. For larger numbers of items, please request permission by sending an email to logo@Groundspeak.com.

Make the ring a mirror image of the logo, then you can use it as a stamp (or as a wax seal as someone else mentioned).

You can also punch someone in the forehead with it and leave a nice impression!

Just wondering-am I the only one in here old and twisted enough to be remembering the scene from Caligula right about NOW? :(

Make the ring a mirror image of the logo, then you can use it as a stamp (or as a wax seal as someone else mentioned).

Just wondering-am I the only one in here old and twisted enough to be remembering the scene from Caligula right about NOW? :(

You are pretty old if you remember Caligula. Was he as bad as Clinton?

Just like Rick James! :(

"Unity....."

Also, if anyone finds a geocaching ring in a cache somewhere, don't hesitate to call us at 1-555-RINGWRAITH and we'll be right over. :D