Parasite Caches?

Personally, I read "may not" as "likely not," not "will not." "May" is often used for something that is not certain, so "may not" is also not certain. So "the cache is not there" is not the same as "the cache may not be there." One statement is certain, the other is not.

I look at the context that Mopar is trying to assert as being for approval, but I'm reading it as a measure of certainty.

The statement "may not be approved" IMHO means that it is uncertain that it will be approved. If it is to mean what Mopar asserts then a better statement would have been "may not be listed" meaning "permission to list the cache will not be granted." As it reads, if "may" refers to approval or permission, then it says "permission will not be granted for approval" and that just doesn't make sense.

Let it be treated as just another cache item to be taken and traded or left in the original cache.

I've always treated a travel bug as different from a regular trade item in that you don't really trade for them. They move independently of the trading process.

Not trying to highjack the thread, just pointing something out.

Not to add to the confusion but... To me the phrase "may not", in that context, says that TPTB are open to the possibility that someday, someone will come up with a truly original and fabulous idea and would be willing to approve such a cache.

or something like that. :huh:

Alright kids while Im all for the popcorn, this thread has been hijacked as the question was answered some 20 posts ago. I had a feeling this would cause people to raise other questions and therefore create controverasy.(sp) so if you guys wouldnt mind settling this off forum thatd be great.

Thread status going from BLUE to GREEN.