Traveling Caches????

Skully & Mulder et al.

Please check out The Shutterbug Cache (GCB92C) and Shen Ku (GCB78E). I wonder why these have not been rehidden after almost a month in captivity...hmmmmmm?????

Do you own the caches? Did you, or any of the people who logged the caches during the month they sat in Chatham, make any attempt to move them on? Did you query the individual holding the caches directly?

Didn't think so. So don't worry yourself silly now ... I suggest you show the same concern for where the caches have sat the past month that you demonstrated the month previous. As far as you are concerned, there is no difference ... you ignored them then; feel free to continue ignoring them.

Edited by Bassoon Pilot
Please check out The Shutterbug Cache (GCB92C) and Shen Ku (GCB78E). I wonder why these have not been rehidden after almost a month in captivity...hmmmmmm?????

Do you own the caches? Did you, or any of the people who logged the caches during the month they sat in Chatham, make any attempt to move them on? Did you query the individual holding the caches directly?

Didn't think so. So don't worry yourself silly now ... I suggest you show the same concern for where the caches have sat the past month that you demonstrated the month previous. As far as you are concerned, there is no difference ... you ignored them then; feel free to continue ignoring them.

I don't own 'em - and didn't move 'em when I found 'em either, but there *were* in the public domain and findable by other cachers.

Of course, sitting in the trunk of someone's car - the caches aren't available to anyone.

Hey - it's a free country. Find 'em, take 'em, keep 'em...... it's your call - but it's certainly reasonable for people to ask questions about what you're intending to do. Hope you're having fun regardless (and I think the banning thing's silly anyway).

Of course, sitting in the trunk of someone's car - the caches aren't available to anyone.

The question posed in the opening post of this thread was in reference to "traveling caches that don't travel (but are supposed to.)" That description describes the month the caches sat in Chatham exactly. "Cache availability" was not part of the question.

it's certainly reasonable for people to ask questions about what you're intending to do.

There is a high probability that our definitions of "reasonable" differ markedly. The question was posed to the general community via "the public domain." As is the case with most forum threads, this thread demonstrates that responses from parties not directly involved amount to, at best, mere speculation. That's sort of like using Roto-Rooter to perform an angioplasty.

I presume that if someone had a genuine concern about the caches, they would have contacted me directly via PM or e-mail. Certainly, such an inquiry would have been "reasonable." No one made such an inquiry.

So enjoy your speculation. Who knows; perhaps as a group you'll arrive at a consensus regarding my intentions and then you can get those caches moving again. There's only one problem ...

Edited by Bassoon Pilot