The Verdict?

During one of Duane's many other temper tantrums, he threatened to archive all his caches

I don't know why you like to instigate more drama with those comments. :)

That note to him has been posted at least once or twice by Hydee in various threads

I can't seem to find the various threads. Maybe because Mopar shows a lot of animosity to wards me, and likes to push my buttons.

He is now claiming he didn't read the note until after he had archived them all, but, from what we've seen here, I'd bet money he saw it and just didn't care at the time.

How much would you like to bet Mopad? I will say this again!

I got suspended from posting in the forums for thirty days on March 3rd. I didn't log back into the site until around March 30th. Hydee never sent me a email, so I never got the PM until after the fact. :)

I haven't personally done his NY caches, but I know people who have, and they do seem to be decent hides.

That's the best comment you have ever said in the forums. LOL :lol:

D :)

Seems silly to have to discuss this in public. Who knew four caches could cause such a big disturbance. Could a Geocache approver, or other Groundspeak employee please explain why they can't be unarchived and adopted? Thanks!

I don't understand.

Why unarchive the caches just so someone else can adopt them?

Why not just have the "new owner" submit it as a new cache?

Is there something I'm missing here?

Stage 1: Normal posting

Stage 2: Deragatory posts about GC.Com

Stage 3: Thread opened airing grievences with GC.Com

Stage 4: Defensive, Forum posters don't all agree with him.

Stage 5: Temper Tantrum resulting in Geocide or Banning.

Stage 6: "I am sorry. I promise I'll never do it again. I am a new man."

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

This pattern of behavior reminds me of something, just can't put my finger on it.

I have watched Duane cycle through this how many times? 3? 5? Happens about every 6 weeks.

My vote has been cast on this matter. Ban him so the approvers can get on with the important task of helping newbies and approving caches FOR THE GOOD OF THE SPORT instead of baby sitting fragile egos.

Seems silly to have to discuss this in public. Who knew four caches could cause such a big disturbance. Could a Geocache approver, or other Groundspeak employee please explain why they can't be unarchived and adopted? Thanks!

I don't understand.

You can do that and it does solve the problem. But the cahe history is on the original cache page and the caches haven't moved.

The better solution when adopting is for someone to take over the cache and cache page unless some other problem prevents that. It keeps the cache history intact.

I don't understand.

You can do that and it does solve the problem. But the cahe history is on the original cache page and the caches haven't moved.

The better solution when adopting is for someone to take over the cache and cache page unless some other problem prevents that. It keeps the cache history intact.

I can see why it would be preferable to see the cache history.

A possible "second choice" to unarchiving and adopting might be to put a link on the new cache page that would connect to the old cache page.

But as you said, this would only be if some other problem prevents the cache from being unarchived.

I have watched Duane

Ban him

Go have a corona and relax dude. :)

:)

Why do your "quotes" never have the name of the person you are quoting?

It makes it seem like you are quoting one person, when in fact you could be quoting 3-4...whatever. :lol:

Duane, this is a good point. If you wish to gain respect by this community then keeping the quotes in context would really help.

I have watched Duane

Ban him

Go have a corona and relax dude. :)

:)

QUOTE] I can't seem to find the various threads. Maybe because Mopar shows a lot of animosity to wards me, and likes to push my buttons.

It looks to me like Duane needs to chill.

I don't understand this :) he asks for a jury then gets mad when he gets a response he does not like. :) Duane if you can't deal with what others have to say about your name or actions maybe it's time to change them as to not attract so much attention to yourself. :lol::)

May I refer to what I said earlier.

His name leads me and I assume others also to believe that he is childish, as does archiving all his caches because he was mad ,and then coming to this forum and trying to play us (forum members) against the Mods. Maybe this experience will have taught him something. This was not meant to be an attack on upinyachit. Just my thoughts.

I've said enough

Edited by BAF
Just curious PC Medic  how did you handle the TBs in your caches when they were archived?

Prior to archiving them I had gone out to replenish the contents on one and switch containers on another. There were no TB's inside or mentioned in the logs at the time, Had there been I probably would have had two choices, log them and move them to one of the many other caches I have not yet visited in the area (do not get out caching as much as I would like), or simply leave them for the next cacher to move along as the caches are still active (just not here). Why do you ask?

Edited by PC Medic
maybe this if off topic but if I owned a TB and it happened to travel to an archived cache and then went to the "other place" I would loose ownership or just not be able to keep track of it?

Keep it short as we are as you said getting off topic. But I wanted to clarify that this is not the case. Many TB's Pass through caches listed on on Navicache and because many are cross-posted not so much as a blip on the radar screen. For those not cross posted, most still log the find when they take it and only a matter of time before they make their way back to a GC listed cache.

Duane, this is a good point. If you wish to gain respect by this community then keeping the quotes in context would really help

The person I quoted has a corona avatar. I didn't think it would be that hard to figure out.

I thought I was being cool with the situation. I know a lot of you members like to roll with the Lynch mob, but please stay on topic. :lol: Anyway I will BRB, I am going to go move What's the Point. I hope I can find another great spot that is 528 feet away from all other caches. Cya soon......... :)

I don't understand.

Cache history. It's nice to have older caches intact so you can see the users passing through. Yes, I could resubmit the caches and link to the page, but it just isnt the same. We will see what happens. Still waiting to hear back from an approver or other Groundspeak persona.

I hope everyone had a great CITO Day, the event here in Rochester went over pretty well. :P

Duane, this is a good point. If you wish to gain respect by this community then keeping the quotes in context would really help

The person I quoted has a corona avatar. I didn't think it would be that hard to figure out.

I thought I was being cool with the situation. I know a lot of you members like to roll with the Lynch mob, but please stay on topic. :P Anyway I will BRB, I am going to go move What's the Point. I hope I can find another great spot that is 528 feet away from all other caches. Cya soon......... :D

Seeing as this is not your thread, it's hardly your position to tell anyone to stay on topic.

And your answer to the lack of names on your quotes is typical...nonsense or sarcastic.

It seemed as if you were offering them one of your Coronas, and seeing as the Avatar of the person was not in your quote how would we know...

I am not rolling with the lynch mob...I asked a civil question.

Good luck placing your cache.

I thought I was being cool with the situation. I know a lot of you members like to roll with the Lynch mob, but please stay on topic. :D Anyway I will BRB, I am going to go move What's the Point. I hope I can find another great spot that is 528 feet away from all other caches. Cya soon......... :D

Duane Duane Duane. Let me try this again. If you leave the users name with the quote it would help others to understand what is being responded to. Not everyone has an avatar that relates to what they are saying. It is just common curtesy. I really would like to see things work out for you. The forums would be a much better place. :P

EDIT: B) Sorry folks I just realized I was off topic. I thougt this was another thread. :D

Edited by Cache Viking
Anyway I will BRB, I am going to go move What's the Point. I hope I can find another great spot that is 528 feet away from all other caches. Cya soon......... :P

Hmm... looks like it's already been approved.

Looks like you get treated pretty good when you play by the rules.

OurWoods: thanks for responding to this thread, that is the sort of thing I was looking for.

Duane: glad you did get one of your new caches approved, and thanks for the slight nudge about keeping this thread on topic.

PC Medic: thanks for responding to riddler, they did bring up some valid 'on topic' points about how TB's may be affected.

Mopar: thanks for some of the background on the topic at hand, and for keeping your cool in this thread.

WH: as I said before as long as THIS thread stays civil I will leave it open thru Monday and close it then, even tho I do not normally like closing threads. Of course TPTB are free to close it anytime it has ceased to be civil before then.

TPTB: thanks for everything.

Edited by Corp Of Discovery

I think I used a poor choice of words in the other thread when I said "Jeremy.....I vote that you ban Duane"

It was not my intention there or here to rally an actual forum poster vote on banning someone. It is not our right or place as forum posters to make that call. That, my friends, is a right and responsibility held by TPTB alone.

What we can do is ridicule and taunt someone, which is little more than entertaining and perhaps socially irresponsible? (Hmmm Crow) My feelings about Duane and his actions have been clearly expressed. But a cacher vote to ban him? Doesn't seem right.

Please allow me to rephrase my previous statement.

Jeremy, 

It would not bother me in the least if you banned him.  In fact my little world would be a better place if you did.  Enough of his BullChit.