Protection For Your Gps Screen???

Fire Eater

Just wondering if anyone has an idea to protect the screen on my new 60c? The one that came with the packaging would be great if it did not have any drawings on it. I looked at staples and they have plastic screen protectors for PDA's that could be cut down to fit the 60c but they are $20 for a pack. All I need is one. I know you can by the case from garmin, but it covers the whole gps. Not like the case for the Legend with the see through screen.

I was thinking of a friction based clear plastic like the one that was on it for shipping. Something without any adheasive

Fire Eater

I got some for my GPS V and the first one I put on has lasted over a year. Unlike PDA's you don't use a stylus on your screen so the protectors last longer.

I've had no new scratches on my screen since putting on the protector. Alas they are not up to keeping the screen from cracking should you drop the thing off a truck while heading up the highway.

Found some Screen Protectors at Radioshack today. Only $6.99 for a 4 pack. They are big enough that they should fit pretty much every GPS screen size for the handhelds. They can easily be trimmed to fit. I trimmed one up for the 60c and it works great. Click Here

Fire Eater

Edited by Fire Eater